Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Controller record troubleshooting in Single MIDI Mode

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hallo,I have some problem with my Montage, could someone help me please? I use Montage via USB connection recording to Logic X.
In single MIDI Mode - I want to record for exemple Piano sound with sustain and LOGIC X not record a sustain controller - just notes - it is same with modulation controller... but it works before ( I update montage to OS 2) In Multi mode it does, also other controllers like Pitch bend is normally recorded in single Mode.
Also my Kronos record all controllers so I think it should be NOT problem with Logic...no MIDI filters is swiitched ON.
thanks for answer...

Posted : 15/03/2018 3:13 pm
Bad Mister

I

Pavol wrote:

Hallo,I have some problem with my Montage, could someone help me please? I use Montage via USB connection recording to Logic X.
In single MIDI Mode - I want to record for exemple Piano sound with sustain and LOGIC X not record a sustain controller - just notes - it is same with modulation controller... but it works before ( I update montage to OS 2) In Multi mode it does, also other controllers like Pitch bend is normally recorded in single Mode.
Also my Kronos record all controllers so I think it should be NOT problem with Logic...no MIDI filters is swiitched ON.
thanks for answer...

Sorry, the question is not clear.

Posted : 16/03/2018 2:59 am
Topic starter

Hi Bad Mister sorry for english... I try again: After updating Montage on Ver. 2.03 Logic X does not record MIDI controllers - 01 MODULATION and 64 SUSTAIN on channel 1 ... via USB connection (MIDI recording) But notes, pitchbend, SuperKnob, Aftertocuh records...Once I change the Midi Channel to 2-16, I also record Modulation and Sustain.When I disconnect the USB connection and plug the Montage via the MIDI cable, I can record both the two controllers on the channel 1 without any problems.Likewise when I record via USB to Logic of Kronos or Moog, it works everything right. on chanel 1-16. I really don't know where could be problem.

Posted : 15/04/2018 9:59 am
Bad Mister

First, we need to find out what your ultimate goal is. Then we can determine if you have selected the right MIDI I/O Mode.

In general, you would only use MIDI I/O Mode = Single when recording the MONTAGE all at once, in a single pass. (Solo piano piece, for example).
You would Setup to use MIDI I/O Mode = Multi when recording the MONTAGE, when you are using it as a multi-timbral engine where separate instruments are recorded per track.

What the MONTAGE transmits Out via MIDI is under your control. Since you are having issue specifically with Mod Wheel (cc01) and Sustain (cc64), check your track event list for these event numbers.... make sure your Performance is set to respond to these controllers. Each Part has a Receive Switch that allows you to respond or ignore each controller on a per Part basis.

Why not give use the information of exactly what you are trying to do. There is no one way to work. How you setup to work will depend on what you wish to accomplish... your ultimate goal.

Posted : 15/04/2018 11:58 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us