Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

SoundSampling sound issues

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi guys i am still a newbie with the Montage but I've been creating samples for different Keyboard formats.
I loaded my own personal samples into the Montage a few days ago and there are a few issues on many of the sounds when playing some of the samples i can hear a crackling noise or kind of like the loop point is off and i can hear the ticking noise. When these samples are played back on other devices or keyboards all sounds good no noise is there a setting on the montage that i am missing to fix this, thanks.

Posted : 15/03/2018 5:34 pm
Sladjan

There is nothing you can do on the Montage itself. But the question is: are those samples the result of some kind of conversion? Maybe even upsampling or downsampling? Or you changed the bitrate? This can have a negative impact on the looppoints. I would suggest that you try your every single sample in a wave editor to assure yourself that there is no clicking on the looppoints.

Posted : 15/03/2018 6:11 pm
Topic starter

Yeah i am sure, i have converted them across different formats like soundfonts, korg and waves and loop points sound good. I noticed on some samples i changed to a different performance sound to edit them and they sound better with no clicking or minimal noise so i was thinking it can be a setting that is causing some that issue.

Posted : 15/03/2018 6:52 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us