Clear all

copy, paste scenes

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Igor
Trusted Member
Topic starter

hi, i did not find any suggestion about how to move a scene in one performance. (ex.: move scene 3 to 7, in order to insert other scenes) - And also if it is possible , to copy a scene from one perf to another perf.

i dont know how to find old discussions in this forum, for subjects ... i clicked on "TAG- scene" but it is very poor. is it there another way?

Posted : 17/03/2022 4:36 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Moving scenes within a single Performance is easy due to how easy it is to save and recall a scene.

Press a scene button to recall any scene (say you want to move scene 7 to scene 2 - press the scene 7 button first). Now hold [STORE] and press SCENE 2. Now scene 7's settings are saved into scene 2. Scene 7 is still the same but is now free to change. This would be the same as copy (recall) and paste (store).

If you want the same scene settings between two Performances then this means the two Performances are highly related. So you would probably [STORE] a 2nd copy (name it a different name instead of overwriting) of the entire Performance. Then edit what you want and keep the scenes the same.

There isn't a way onboard to copy just the scene settings from one Performance to another.

Posted : 17/03/2022 6:04 pm
Bad Mister

hi, i did not find any suggestion about how to move a scene in one performance. (ex.: move scene 3 to 7, in order to insert other scenes) - And also if it is possible , to copy a scene from one perf to another perf.

It is unclear from your question and follow up question, whether you are referring to Performance Scenes or Pattern Sequencer Scenes. They are related but one is apart of the Performance, the other relates that Performance and its setting to a MIDI Pattern.

Concepts
There is the Performance Scene - which can memorize Arp and Motion Sequence combinations, Super Knob position and Link, Mixing settings like Volume, Pan, Effect Sends, Cutoff/Resonance, Mute status, KBD CTRL status (transmit), AEG Offsets, and Arp/MS quantize and shaping. The Performance Scene can be used independent of any MIDI sequence - it can function standalone

There is also the Pattern Scene - which can act as one of eight musical sections, each from 1-256 measures in Length. The Pattern Scene links the current Performance Scene settings with MIDI Sequencer. The settings for the Performance are respected on a per Scene basis. An Arp that is assigned to the Performance will transfer its events to the MIDI Track data.

A Performance SCENE can be copied within the Performance (really no need to copy a Performance SCENE to another Performance as it is customized for the Performance in which you set it up - and as you'll see, multiple Patterns can reference a Performance, if you wish). If you want to create new Performance Scenes just store a duplicate of this data with a new name (version #).

A Pattern SCENE can be copied using the "Edit/Job" > "Track" > "Copy" Job.
This JOB lets you copy either Tracks and/or Scenes within the same Pattern Sequence or to another Pattern Sequence, as you may require. (You can copy one Track or ALL Tracks). Once you have, for example, copied a Scene from one Pattern Sequence to another Pattern Sequence location, you can then create a link between this newly created Pattern Sequence, and any Performance you desire. It does not have to be a NEW PERFORMANCE... by copying the sequence data to a new Sequence location, you can link that newly copied sequence to the original (same) Performance or a new Performance, your choice. Multiple Sequences can reference a single Performance.

If you establish a link between the new Pattern Sequence Scenes and the original Performance - this is how its Performance Scenes can remain exactly as previous setup.

Posted : 17/03/2022 8:46 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Since I don't use the pattern sequencer - my answer was assuming Performance Scenes. Wish the term wasn't overloaded.

Posted : 18/03/2022 7:08 am
Bad Mister

I do use the Performance and Pattern Scenes, which is why I’m able to give that more complete answer; and the Performance Scenes fit perfectly into Pattern Scenes. If/when you actually use them the term doesn’t seem “overloaded”. Pattern Scenes simply add a Length of time for the Performance Scenes to exist — it creates the ability to use the function as documented automation.

Posted : 18/03/2022 9:56 am
 Igor
Trusted Member
Topic starter

thank you and sorry..., i was a little tired...

Posted : 20/03/2022 2:16 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us