Notifications
Clear all

Cubase AI?

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello,
I've bought a second hand Yamaha Montage 8. Still under warranty when I've got it.
The previous owner didn't told me anything about Cubase AI. No matter, I don't use it for recording.
Now I would like to check the contents of my synth.
I've tried Montage Connect unsuccesfully because I don't have Cubase AI. It says "Not Ready" in red on the left top.
Impossible to reach this man, apparently he has moved.
Not a piece of chance.
I have the serial number of my unit (of course), the manual, the bill... but no activation code!
Is there a solution to my problem?
Thanks for your help.
Best regards,
François

Posted : 19/03/2021 5:05 pm
Bad Mister

Hi François,
Welcome to YamahaSynth!

When a MONTAGE is purchased new, it comes with an offer to get a free copy of Steinberg’s Cubase AI - actually, there is an Access Code which the original purchaser can use to register for the download. The MONTAGE has both a MIDI and Audio Interface built-in — and is the most powerful synth/audio interface combination, perhaps, ever.

The MONTAGE feature 32 audio bus Outputs via USB, and has three stereo audio returns from the computer. This allows you unprecedented flexibility when doing professional recording to a computer DAW. The introductory (entry level) version of Cubase is provided to give the MONTAGE user a peek at the enormous possibilities when you interconnect this synth with a professional DAW.

You can use whatever DAW you prefer, however, we at Yamaha would love it if you selected Steinberg DAW software... this is why the offer is made — for you to try it...

Here is the thing, you should reach out to your regional Yamaha or Steinberg office, tell them you obtained a MONTAGE and although you are not the original purchaser, would they send you an Access Code so that you can try it out. Usually, you’ll find them accommodating. Once you see and hear Cubase - the hope is you upgrade to Cubase Pro, at some point. The combination of a MONTAGE and Cubase Pro, you have an extremely formidable music production system. If you make a living doing music for hire — scoring films, composing for gaming, creating stems to submit for jingles, or just writing music for fun, you can’t get a better setup! With MONTAGE’s AD IN and the additional Assignable Outputs, it’s possible to create a small studio environment supporting multiple players and headphone mixes. Cubase Pro has it all.

As to MONTAGE CONNECT — this is a computer utility that can run either standalone or as a VST Plugin within any VST3/AU compatible DAW software. So even without installing Cubase, you can start to use MONTAGE CONNECT right away.

When launching it as a standalone program, you need a working USB connection between the MONTAGE and your computer.
You need to have downloaded and installed the “Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver” appropriate for your computer type and operating system.

Posted : 19/03/2021 8:46 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

... also, regarding Montage Connect - there are several versions of Montage Connect and several versions of Montage firmware (OS versions). The two need to match. You can be sure they match if you get the latest version of each.

Posted : 20/03/2021 2:54 am
Bad Mister

Link — What is MONTAGE CONNECT?
Link — Mastering MONTAGE: Using MONTAGE CONNECT to Import Pattern Sequences

It allows you to manage your MONTAGE Performance data as individual programs, including Song and Pattern data made with the on-board Performance Recorder.

Posted : 20/03/2021 11:05 am
Member Admin

Does Montage Connect work with other DAWs?

Posted : 20/03/2021 11:33 am
Bad Mister

Does Montage Connect work with other DAWs?

As to MONTAGE CONNECT — this is a computer utility that can run either standalone or as a VST Plugin within any VST3/AU compatible DAW software.

Link — MONTAGE and Logic Pro

Logic Pro for example, uses AU (Audio Units protocol).

Posted : 20/03/2021 11:37 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us