4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Gabi
 Gabi
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hi,

I got Cubase going pretty well now, but I get an error message every time I create or open a project. The error says "connections not found" "Montage 1 out not assigned". (see the screenshot). This is very annoying because I have to set this output on all midi tracks manually each and every time I open a project. What could this be?
I am running Windows 7 64bit.

Attached files

Posted : 07/11/2016 10:23 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

There's (probably) lots of ways to get that error - but I'll throw out a more esoteric one.

If you have multiple USB ports on your PC (or USB hub) - then switching physical ports on the PC/hub could cause the system to remap the MIDI location which software would see as a missing device assuming it has remembered a certain USB location for your device. Often times when plugging in a USB device into a new port - the machine will even prompt you to load a new instance of the driver. Maybe we've advanced beyond that - but perhaps the software-level is not resolving a change in ports.

Maybe there's a default setting for the USB port that made sense at one point when you were using a different connection - but have since moved it so the default mapping for MONTAGE-1 is no longer valid and somehow needs to be refreshed.

I tried forcing this error by moving Montage around to another port - I didn't receive the error.

Do you have a template saved that may have your devices also saved within the template? I do not have any templates here.

When I moved the Montage to another USB port - looking at "Devices -> Devices Setup", I didn't see any extra entries. So it looks like everything resolved OK. Not sure if this is a Windows 7 vs. Windows 10 difference - although I'm not convinced this is an OS-level thing.

Without reproducing here - I cannot help much more. But I would take a look at the Devices Setup and see if there's anything unusual there.

Posted : 08/11/2016 8:23 am
Bad Mister

This error screen is actually allowing to correct your saved condition. When you receive this screen, you are opening a saved Project or the stored Default.
It is, in effect, saying, The current condition does not match the stored condition. Please click here and select the device.

On the left side it is showing you the device it currently sees, (Montage-1), if what is being recalled is something other than the current device this screen allows you to remap the port.

If you click on that, it will let you select the Montage and it will make all corrections for you, immediately and will let you keep it that way.
It's a feature that will allow you to update what's stored (shown on the right) with the current device (left side: Montage1)

Posted : 08/11/2016 11:54 am
Gabi
 Gabi
Estimable Member
Topic starter

YESSS! Thank you Bad Mister!

Posted : 09/11/2016 9:12 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us