Default Live Set..How to change it?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Eric
 Eric
Topic starter

Hell Everyone,

After decades of using Motifs, I'm a newbie Montage owner.

I've searched through the manual and can't find how to change the default screen the Montage powers on/starts with.

My Montage start up screen is one of my user Live Sets. I would prefer it default to one of the preset Live Sets. How do I change it?

I know how to go into Utilities > Settings and change between Performance and Live Set. I just can't figure out how to change which Live Set.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted : 24/01/2017 6:12 pm
david
Reputable Member

That's odd. My Montage has always booted up at the main Montage "Best Of" live set screen. I thought that was the default setting. I've never tried to change it. Maybe if you save your settings where you are then it will boot back to that location. Good question.

Posted : 24/01/2017 6:17 pm
Bad Mister

Eric wrote:

Hell Everyone,

After decades of using Motifs, I'm a newbie Montage owner.

I've searched through the manual and can't find how to change the default screen the Montage powers on/starts with.

My Montage start up screen is one of my user Live Sets. I would prefer it default to one of the preset Live Sets. How do I change it?

I know how to go into Utilities > Settings and change between Performance and Live Set. I just can't figure out how to change which Live Set.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don't rack your brain, you cannot. The factory default when "LIVE SET" is selected for the "Power on Mode" is to recall the first factory (Preset) Live Set "Best of Montage 1", but naturally, as soon as you install a custom Library (that has a Live Set) or as soon as you create your own LIVE SET in the USER area, it will automatically shift to the first Live Set that you, the user, has created or installed.

No one at Yamaha could create a "Live Set" for you (no one knows what you would need in a Live Set - its a personal configuration of programs), if you are gigging you would naturally want the instrument to select the Live Set you are going to use. Make sense?

The Factory LIVE SET is just an example... and is designed to be used in retail music stores so that a variety of sounds are placed in front of the player on their first encounter with a Montage. On your first encounter you are unlikely to be able to use CATEGORY SEARCH, but stepping through the Live Set as provided by the factory will allow you to discover a wide variety of sounds.

Posted : 24/01/2017 6:19 pm
Eric
 Eric
Topic starter

Bad Mister,

Thanks for the quick response...I've been trying to sort this out for 2 weeks.

While I'm learning the Montage, I just preferred the factory default "Live Set", but I understand Yamaha's reason for doing it this way.

I was hesitant about replacing my trusty Motif XF8, but I must say this is an incredible instrument.

Posted : 24/01/2017 6:35 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us