Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Does Montage come with a card/paperwork for Cubase AI download?

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi everyone, new to the family here.

I have a really simple question that I, unbelievably, cannot get an answer to.

I purchased a new Montage 8 a few weeks ago, upon which the salesman loaded the keyboard into its cardboard box and helped me load it into my car. I noticed that there was no paperwork/manuals nothing with it. I asked the salesman and he said that the Montage does not come with paperwork, that you get everything online with the Yamaha registration, including the Cubase AI download. Perfect!

This week I received my new computer, set it up, and then tried to figure out how to go about getting Cubase AI. I went through my Yamaha registration, Steinberg registration, not seeing any mention or guidance as to where to go, what to do to get Cubase. I figured that surely this must be easier. I finally made my way to the mySteinberg section that required a download code that says you get it from the "Stop don't throw away card". Huh? I thought everything was online.

I called my salesman and he again said that Montage does not come with anything but the keyboard and a box. When I asked him to look around for the paperwork, he again reaffirmed that there is none and that most products now do not come with paperwork. He said that he would call Yamaha to get clarification.

The next day I receive an email from my salesman who just said to email support@yamaha.ca and "sorry to hear you were having issues with your cubase installation".

I have a really bad feeling at this moment. I've emailed yamaha support, but im not sure if I will get a response. But, I figured that I could at least get a quick yes or no response from other fellow Montage owners on this forum. Sorry for the long winded story.

Does Montage come with a card/paperwork for Cubase AI download?

Thanks a bunch,

Chris

Posted : 30/09/2016 3:34 pm
 Tho
Trusted Member

Yes...It does comes with a Manual Book and a piece of flyer paper which is contains the Cubase 8 AI registration serial number for you to download the Cubase

For the Bösendorfer Piano download , all you need to to register your Montage Serial Number following the link below.

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/keyboards/synthesizers/montage/library/

Posted : 30/09/2016 3:51 pm
Topic starter

Thanks Tho, I had a feeling that was the case. I wonder why my salesman is so adamant that it does not come with anything. Now how do I convince him to go and look around for that flyer paper when he says it doesn't exist.....hmmmm.

Thank you for the link. I was able to install the Bosendorfer catalog and the newest firmware with no problems. The Montage itself is fantastic.

Posted : 30/09/2016 4:07 pm
 Tho
Trusted Member

Chris,
That's suck...to me I will bring the receipt to that store and ask them to give you a Cubase AI 8....you bought the Montage is brand new , there is no reason that you don't have a Cubase AI 8 included...

I will talk to that store manager to work it out

Thanks
Tho

Posted : 30/09/2016 4:35 pm
Topic starter

So Steinberg is awesome! They called me back and very kindly helped me out. Big thumbs up to them!

Tho, I was thinking that as my last resort, short of returning the keyboard for a fresh one. I'm really glad to not have had to waste half a day going back to the store and sorting the issue out with the staff. I am not impressed with my salesman dumping the problem on me to fix.

Maybe I should have had more faith, there are people behind the Yamaha Support and they are listening. I am very impressed by that.

Posted : 30/09/2016 5:14 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us