Notifications
Clear all

Don't know if Yamaha will update firmware to use transport with DAW But

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Can you guys suggest the best MIDI control surface from low range to Mid range $$ to work with DAW. seem to be a slow train to china for any New firmware updates from YAMAHA.

Posted : 06/01/2017 10:36 am
Walter

Harold wrote:

Can you guys suggest the best MIDI control surface from low range to Mid range $$ to work with DAW. seem to be a slow train to china for any New firmware updates from YAMAHA.

Hi Harold,

Not sure what you mean. I use a Behringer X-Touch controller/control surface with my DAW (SONAR). I don't understand the relevance of Yamaha Firmware updates. Need more info from you.

Walt

Posted : 06/01/2017 5:09 pm
Bad Mister

If you are using Cubase, look into the Steinberg CC121, an elegant Remote Control option for manipulating the DAW.

Posted : 07/01/2017 12:10 pm
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member

I've been using Cubase iC Pro running on an iPad to control things in Cubase. It works really well.

Posted : 08/01/2017 2:21 am
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Walter Not sure what you mean. I use a Behringer X-Touch controller/control surface with my DAW (SONAR). I don't understand the relevance of Yamaha Firmware updates. Need more info from you.

Just wishful thinking that YAMAHA would implement basic use of the (SEQ)Transport control on the montage via firmware update to work within DAW. I would not expect a full remote mode like the MOFX, just the basic, locate, rewind, forward, record, stop and play function. You would think that YAMAHA allows the Montage to connect to your computer/DAW that they would include this basic transport feature. Hoping for the Future.

I like to thank all for responding to this post to which I will research what been posted.

Posted : 09/01/2017 6:01 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us