Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Downloaded Yamaha Steinberg driver, but the Montage doesn't populate in my Audio MIDI Setup

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello, I'm trying to connect my Montage 8 to my MacBook, but my mac won't register the Montage.

Facts:
I connected the Montage to my Macbook using a USB to USB-C cable.
I downloaded the latest Yamaha Steinberg driver + Montage Connect.
I restarted my laptop multiple times.

Please help! I got this Montage back in September 2021, but I've been putting off recording because of this issue. Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated!!

Posted : 10/03/2022 1:43 am
Topic starter

Hi Bill, thanks so much for your reply!

Yes, additional information:
- I have a macBook Pro, macOS Monterey (v12.2.1)
- I downloaded the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver 3.1.1 for Mac macOS 11/12

The driver is listed in my Applications folder, but it doesn't show up in my Audio MIDI Setup, and it doesn't show up in Logic Pro X.

Posted : 10/03/2022 3:15 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Monterey is the wildcard I can't really help with.

I have a MacBook Pro too. They come with Intel CPUs or "Apple Silicon" (aka M1).

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211814

Mac computers with Apple silicon:

MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021)
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)
iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021)
Mac mini (M1, 2020)
MacBook Air (M1, 2020)
MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)

The easiest way is see is to click on the apple in the upper-left, then "About This Mac" and "Overview" should be the default view. Under your MacBook model is the CPU used.

If you're running Apple Silicon - there are a few extra steps known for Big Sur and probably the same extra steps for Monterey. Rosetta would be required.

You may not have had any other choice - but it's threads like this through the years that inform why I never upgrade my OS until the new OS has been out for a long, long time.

Posted : 10/03/2022 5:55 am

It could be the security policy from the Mac / macOS.

Please check the page macOS: Yamaha Steinberg USB/Thunderbolt Driver and TOOLS installation if you haven't already.

Posted : 10/03/2022 8:59 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us