Notifications
Clear all

Drums in Montage

16 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
10.7 K Views
 Adam

Sorry; I created a really simple rhythm pattern using the midi recorder. It's just a single note repeated on the beat in 4/4. I originally created it to be used with a synth bass for the song "Kids in America," but I then assigned the jingle bell sound (on the Montage) to make it a jingle bell shake, like the beginning of Springsteen's "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town." It's not a .wav, but an actual montage drum sound, like if I'd assigned a crash symbol or a snare drum. Then I assigned it to the arpeggiator as a new rhythm called (I think) "Kids Arp." It's not a .wav file. It's an actual arpeggio I created using the song recorder.

The performance itself is made of two sounds: Sound 1 is the jingle bell with the arpeggiator playing the "Kids Arp" arpeggio I created and the Montage's jingle bell sound. Sound 2 is just a basic piano. I assigned Sound 1 to a single key (the lowest on the keyboard - it's a Montage 7). The rest of the performance is the Piano on the rest of the keys. I just can't figure out why hitting any key stops the arpeggio from looping. If I hold down the bottom key, it'll play forever. But even with the sustain pedal depressed, the arpeggiator comes to a stop the minute any other key is played. That's the issue.

Maybe it's reacting like a closed hi-hat. That could be the problem.

I'll try to get some screen grabs and maybe a sound file when I get home today.

Posted : 06/12/2017 7:36 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us