Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

erro message while loading library or user files

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello there, today i downloaded the "chick corea" and the "montage expanded sounds" from the yamaha page for my montage 7 (updated to 2.5).
I can't load the user and library sounds and getting "file error"and "illegal file" message.
The usb i use has worked before with otther files so that can't be the problem.
Can anyvbody help me?

Posted : 25/11/2018 5:59 pm
Bad Mister

I can't load the user and library sounds and getting "file error"and "illegal file" message.

Sorry, I am unaware of any error message “file error”.
An “Illegal File” message means the instrument does not recognize the file and it cannot be used.

You’ll find the MONTAGE very similar to other chip based devices, it has a number of error messages. They are not selected randomly, but rather when specific criteria are met. It sees your file, but cannot read the data - this could be because the data is NOT what it says it is, or has been damaged or changed so that the instrument does not or no longer recognizes it.

The “File error” message concerns me because as far as I know — it does not have any such message. And if it now does, we’d like to see it gets documented somewhere. Let us know.

If by “yamaha page” you mean the free downloads from YamahaMusicSoft.com I just went there downloaded and successfully loaded the Files. So it is not the site, or its data.
You are provided both User and Library versions of the “MONTAGE_Expanded” data and the “Chick’s Mark V” as a Library.

Can you be more specific about what you loaded and the exact message you received?

Thanks

Posted : 25/11/2018 7:33 pm
Topic starter

Hello Bad Mister, here's Stefan from the message above (forgot to use my name), i formatted an other USB stick, downloaded the files and everything works now, is it possible that there where to many different files on the usb stick i used?
The usb also contained the las update 2.5..................anyway, it works now, and i have some very cool new sounds in the Montage Expanded files, thanks........

Posted : 28/11/2018 5:45 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Any number of possibilities. Maybe the original download wasn't complete. Maybe the original USB stick was corrupted (from Montage's perspective). Usually these USB / file issues (which generally are seen during firmware upgrades) involve what you've done. Try a different USB stick. Start with a freshly formatted one.

Posted : 28/11/2018 8:54 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us