Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Scene buttons not working

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I noticed that in my Montage8 the scene buttons don't work properly.While different scenes of a performance are stored correctly, the relative buttons light up one at a time. The lights of the buttons of the other stored scenes are not attenuated but completely turned off. So I'm not able to see how many scenes are stored in a performance.
How can I restore normal working?
Thanks

Posted : 21/11/2018 9:57 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

For scenes 1-8, the LEDs have 3 states:

OFF - No scene data stored (empty)

Dimly lit - Scene button programmed with something, but not selected. At Max only one button can be selected.

Brightly lit - This scene is currently selected

There is also a global system setting that affects how LEDs display which may be changing the default behavior as described above.

Posted : 21/11/2018 10:57 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

FYI - the global setting that can impact your user experience is:

1) Press [UTILITY] button
2) Touchscreen (TS): Touch "System" menu on left hand side
3) Look at the parameter "Half Glow" under the "LED" column. If set to "Off" - this will not display LEDs at a dim brightness. Only the brightly lit LEDs will turn on. Unfortunately, you will miss out on a lot of guidance information the LEDs can give you by retaining all 3 states (including dimly lit - which will be set to OFF, meaning dimly lit = OFF, if this setting is "Off" ).

I have my "Half Glow" set to "1/4". Set this way provides the highest contrast between dim and bright LEDs.

If you do have this set to "Off" - then the 3 states summarized previously will not be able to differentiate "Dimly lit" and "OFF" since both will be off and lumped together.

Posted : 22/11/2018 2:04 am
Topic starter

Yes, I had set “HALF GLOW” to “OFF”.
Thank you very much for your help.

Posted : 22/11/2018 8:05 am
Bad Mister

EXTRA CREDIT:
You can quickly review and update currently *stored* Scenes at any time, from the HOME screen:
Touch “Scene”

This screen will show which Scenes are stored across the top. The currently active one will appear in blue font.
The contents of each Scene can be reviewed and updated directly from this area. A MEMORY switch must be ON for the data in its category to be recalled. If a MEMORY switch is not ON for a particular Scene, the last setting will persist.

The “Half Glow” function designed specifically for navigating while on-stage, where lack of overhead lighting can be a challenge, but can also be very helpful when programming and just navigating the system. Many users shut them off because they initially find them confusing, but once you know what they are trying to tell you, they actually are very helpful.

Posted : 24/11/2018 2:34 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us