Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Experiences/results cloning analog/digital synths using Sample Robot?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Fess
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hi everyone and Happy New Year. So, I find my self in a situation where I am thinking about storing a synth away to make room for another but I still want to have the sounds of the synth on hand and ways to modulate those sounds using envelopes, LFOs, and fllters. Has anyone used Sample Robot's cloning functions and if you have, how are the results? I understand of course that it can't clone the the actual filter sound but since the Montage has envelope and LFO control I figured I could at least end up with something close to the original sounds. I'm sure it's a tedious process to clone a whole synth full of 800 or so patches but if the results are quality emus then it will be worth it to me to at least try. I tend not to dive right into anything new as I am on a clock and can't use up time testing things out, which is why I haven't used S.R. yet. Anyway, if anyone could share their experiences I would really appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

Posted : 08/01/2019 1:45 pm
Bad Mister

It would be an impossibly tedious process without software like Sample Robot. I couldn’t even imagine attempting it without something like Sample Robot. The overview is best summed up “Measure twice, cut once”... meaning setting things up initially is critical. The better you setup, the better your results. Once you “measure” (set things up), a convenient Setup Wizard does not allow you to miss any steps, then you execute... it goes ahead and does all the “cutting” automatically (sampling and looping, etc.... you come back to finished program. Rendering time can vary based on your settings (velocity layers, notes sampled...)

I take it when you say you’re “on a clock”, that you mean you require instant gratification or you don’t bother... only you know whether that will prevent you from taking the time to learn to use something like Sample Robot. But we can assure you without it, it wouldn’t even be a remote possibility. The brilliance of the Robot is that it automates the process... please see a video on how it works, then judge for yourself whether it’s worth it for you.

I will tell you this, I wouldn’t recommend anyone attempt to recreate a synth without it!

Posted : 08/01/2019 2:26 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us