Notifications
Clear all

Fader 1 is controlling fader 2 in DAW [SOLVED]

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Member Admin
Topic starter

HI this is strange. Can someone point in the right direction to look for why this is happening?

When I move fader 1 on part 1 drums its controlling its own volume ans fader 2 (part 2) volume as well.

The drums are House Techno Kit part 1 and Coll Trance pat 2
The DAW is Bitwig. I have midi note data on 2 tracks in the DAW. Track 1 is drums outputting to channel 1 Track 2 is the Synth with arp and transmitting to channel 2.

I even tried using the Remote transport feature and the same thing is happening. Its something in the DAW that is doing this I think but what is it?

Posted : 23/01/2021 12:49 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

What's Bitwig's output MIDI channel (FROM Bitwig TO Montage)?

What's Montage's MIDI mode (multi-channel, single, hybrid)?

If single channel or hybrid modes - what's the MIDI I/O channel?

Posted : 23/01/2021 10:05 pm
Member Admin
Topic starter

Hi Montage set to Multi mode channel 1. Bitwig track 1 and track 2 midi piano roll data has a setting where I can set the channel for the note data. Both are set to midi channel 1 (but changing that to different channel did not affect anything). The HW Instrument on each track outputs to each corresponding part track 1 is channel 1 and 2 is channel 2

On thing that was strange is if I selected keep channel (that is an option on the HW instrument (keep channel, or channel 1-16), then that could reverse the issue and fader 2 would control . So there is something going on there.

Posted : 24/01/2021 10:27 am
Member Admin
Topic starter

Ok I figured out the issue. It is a Bitwig issue with a HW instrument preset I made for the Montage.
I think the issue developed after updating the Steinberg driver after making this preset.

In Bitwig, if we update the Steinberg driver or plug the montage into a new USB port, Bitwig doesnt recognize the Montage the same way with regard to its HW Instrument plugin (for sending midi note data out). It will say Montage-1 (missing).

What I did was reselect the Montage-1 and resaved it. This seemed ok until the fader issue occurred. I fixed the problem by deleting the old preset and making a new one. I reported to Bitwig to look into the matter.

Posted : 24/01/2021 12:46 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us