Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Filters in the FM-X section...

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Uncaduncad here from the Motifator site...

So, I've been spending time at my local music store trying to wrap my head around this thing... 🙂

Quick question:

I go to Category Search>Init section and select FM-X and get my basic single op sine wave. (I'm in FM heaven)! When I go to the Filter Section under the common settings and try to select a filter, THRU is the only option I see. I've gone to edit mode on other FM-X only patches and see it working there.

What am I missing?

Thank you!!!

Posted : 29/05/2016 3:50 pm
Hans-Peter

David wrote:
I go to Category Search>Init section and select FM-X and get my basic single op sine wave. (I'm in FM heaven)! When I go to the Filter Section under the common settings and try to select a filter, THRU is the only option I see. I've gone to edit mode on other FM-X only patches and see it working there.

"Thru" ist the last entry in the list. Just tap on the arrow ...

and you're good. 😉

Posted : 29/05/2016 4:03 pm
Topic starter

Dude, if that's the case, I'm going to LOL...

And then I'm going to ask for a fix on the next firmware update. 😉 Either Thru should be at the top of the list or something.

I have noticed that I don't seem to see the up/down arrows right off the bat. Again, I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around the OS on this thing.

A little background: My first synth keyboard was a DX100 when I was 16. I <3 FM. This does make editing FM a lot more pleasant. We've been asking for FM since the original Motif. 🙂 Finally.
I have the FM8 and I have also owned an SY99 and used it as my only board for many, many gigs...

I'm excited about all the possibilities as BadMister stated with the Motion Control and all the little things that can modulate the modulators. 😀

Thank you so much!!! I'm off to GC to confirm. LOL

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get this board and get married in the same year....:p

Posted : 29/05/2016 4:19 pm
Kiwi
 Kiwi

David wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get this board and get married in the same year....:p

Choose wisely! It won't be satisfying if you have to tell people, "I got married...and I got a Montage....AND I got a divorce in the same year...."

But worse-------> "...and she got the Montage in the divorce!"

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials!!!

Posted : 30/05/2016 12:02 am
EXer
 EXer

Kiwi wrote:
"I got married...and I got a Montage....AND I got a divorce in the same year...."
But worse-------> "...and she got the Montage in the divorce!"

That's why I'm still living with my EXes !

Posted : 31/05/2016 2:59 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us