Clear all

foot controller 1

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi
İ want to assign foot control 1 to my part 2 volume from %25 to %75 and part 3 from %25 to %100 and dont want to control my other parts ( part 1 part 4 part 5 )
how should i programme that with my expression pedal connected foot cont. 1

that example will be a good one to understand many questions.
regards

Posted : 03/11/2023 6:19 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

First you would change the default CC of FC1 so that FC1 can be used in a more generic way. Then you would go into the Parts and setup FC1 to be the control assignment for Part volume.

See https://www.yamahasynth.com/forum/foot-controller-1#reply-74287 for more detail.

Posted : 03/11/2023 7:21 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

thank you so much Jason

Posted : 03/11/2023 7:48 pm
Prominent Member

@Jason - in that thread link you say this

You could then go into each PART you DO NOT want to participate and change the receive switch for expression to OFF

There is a Tx/Rx switch for both 'Vol/Exp' and for 'FC1'.

Why doesn't turning FC1 to OFF work also? Is there something special about 'Vol/Exp'?

A simple test, INIT NORMAL (AWM2), shows normal sound until you move the pedal and then it automatically controls the volume even if you don't want it to.

But turning FC1 to OFF has no effect whereas turning 'Vol/Exp' to OFF removes the pedal.

Posted : 03/11/2023 8:17 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

That section of the thread was an alternative way that was not the suggestion to use. I just state this to not get Dogukan confused.

Turning Vol/Exp off will keep the controllers from changing the CC value for that Part. It would also not allow for the sliders to work anymore which may not be ideal.

This is why, again for Dogukan's benefit, I linked to BM's solution which unties FC1 from controlling the volume more or less globally. And therefore there won't be any surprises with sliders.

Posted : 03/11/2023 8:27 pm
Prominent Member

Turning Vol/Exp off will keep the controllers from changing the CC value for that Part.

Ok - but why doesn't turning FC1 to OFF work also?

Posted : 03/11/2023 8:33 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member
Prominent Member

Answered in this thread:

Boy! You've got that right.

From the date on the thread it looks like I'm FINALLY catching up - only 6 more years to go!

Posted : 03/11/2023 9:47 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us