Clear all

Funky wah wah organ

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

https://youtu.be/Zeh-XwKuOTc?t=314

Hi to all i wanna achive that sound i can get with my hammond by using exp. pedal .
how can i set close funky organ sound by using my exp pedal with my montage.
Whats your preset suggested and pedal setting methot for wah wah effect as given above link

regards.

Posted : 03/11/2023 7:53 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

1) Replace one of the two Ins Effects (InsA or InsB) with VCM Pedal Wah for each of your organ Parts
2) Edit each VCM Pedal Wah insertion effect and select the Pedal Control parameter (touch it so it is highlighted white) and then press the [CONTROL ASSIGN] button
3) When the screen comes up, spin the superknob.

Now an expression pedal plugged into FC2 (which defaults to superknob control) will modulate the wah effect.

You may need to make sure that the Pedal Control parameter defaults to 0 and that the curve in the control assignment is setup like you want it (large enough ratio, standard curve, unipolar, with parameters set to make ramp exponential if you want that or linear. Just taking the defaults should work OK.

There's other ways - but that's the quickest way to get started.

Posted : 03/11/2023 10:26 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

thak you very much Jason
What if i assing other function to superknob and prefer to be used wah pedal by FC1 .. 🙂
Thats my point to understand FC1 control more .
FC2 means superknob to me
What is FC1 shortly 🙂

Posted : 04/11/2023 5:59 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

That's fine - you would set FC1's CC (set to CC 4 for example) so it isn't controlling volume anymore and then wiggle FC1 after pressing the [CONTROL ASSIGN] button instead of turning the superknob dial.

Posted : 04/11/2023 7:15 am
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I adjusted the pedal settings but I can't get close to this sound without holding the distortion and rotary effects in INS A and INS B. so I don't have an INS available to add a wah pedal to.

can you recommend me a preset setting to approach this funky sound

https://youtu.be/Zeh-XwKuOTc?t=22

thanks

Posted : 05/11/2023 8:59 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Drop distortion and use the rotary 2 effect which is "dirtier" and see if you can adjust input gain + drive to get the distortion you're after.

Or make distortion a system effect (i.e. variation) and use it there.

Posted : 05/11/2023 9:17 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us