Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Free Montage Goodies 64 new performances--Anybody able to get this download

34 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member

Some of the performances are great to play and learn with. After loading up the package as a User file, I have to now swap out my User file with the montage goodies. How would I grab a few of the performance from the package and incorporate into my User File and its associated performances and Live sets? Load up as Library? then?

Posted : 09/09/2017 5:00 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

You could start with your old user file without any of the "goodies" stuff (load your backup user file before "goodies").

Then load the "goodies" as a library.

Then import the performances (from library to user) one-by-one into user so you end up with your user file with select "goodies" in the user space.

Then edit the live set to point to user performances you want including the "goodies" content.

Then save your user area as a library file.

Then load this library file which now has your re-assembled user data with the "goodies" included.

You can now initialize only your user area so you can have a fresh user "sandbox" since all of your current user data is in a library slot.

Posted : 09/09/2017 5:18 pm
Eminent Member

Thx, then when another update comes up. I load up the new saved library again, which will load up the User data, and live set ... guessing?

Posted : 09/09/2017 5:26 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

When another firmware update shows up - it is advised to save an .X7A before the firmware update which will backup library+user+everything. Then restore the .X7A after the firmware update.

Posted : 09/09/2017 5:30 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us