From Cubase 8.5 ARTIST to AI 10

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Aldo
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi,

I'm currently using cubase 8.5 Artist, now I have the montage and I have the possibility to install cubase AI10

Do you reccomend to switch? are there huge limitations? looking at the specs it seems that the tempo track is not available, is this thrue?

Thanks a lot

Posted : 24/07/2019 8:38 am
Bad Mister

Hi,

I'm currently using cubase 8.5 Artist, now I have the montage and I have the possibility to install cubase AI10

Do you reccomend to switch? are there huge limitations? looking at the specs it seems that the tempo track is not available, is this thrue?

Thanks a lot

Welcome to YamahaSynth! This is the place where you can find out all about your MONTAGE Synthesizer.

Concerning Cubase, AI or Advanced Integration, is the entry level version of Cubase that is provided, as the free introductory version, when you purchase certain Yamaha and/or Steinberg hardware products. You are entitled to a free license for Cubase AI 10.

While AI has additional features over Cubase LE (light edition), the version most people get when purchasing hardware and a free copy is provided, AI is not as featured as Artist, nor nearly as featured as the top of the line, Cubase Pro.
Yes 10, is a newer version than 8.5, but whether or not you’ll miss any features that you use is a question only you can answer at this point. You have both — you should explore that yourself.

Is it a step down? yes, undoubtedly Artist is a step up from AI
Will you notice it? only you’ll know that, new features were added in both versions 9 and 9.5... you’re asking if those new features make the lesser version now equal to an older higher version! Yikes, only you know what features you use.
Does AI have a Tempo Track? Yes, of course, it does. If that is all you’re worried about, not to worry.

_ What would I suggest — install it, it’s free, you already know 95% how to use it, there are a bunch of new features since 8.5, to be sure.. explore it. No need to uninstall your Artist 8.5 — they will coexist just fine — in fact, AI 10 will Import your Artist 8.5 Preferences!
_ If you find a new feature or function to your liking, since you are both an Artist 8.5 owner and you are now a registered Cubase AI licenser, you need to look at Steinberg’s discounted upgrade path to the equivalent version 10, either upgrade to Cubase Artist 10 or make the leap up to Cubase Pro 10. The discount is probably substantial... versus the straight purchase price. DON’T MISS THE DISCOUNTED UPGRADE PATH... sorry, for shouting but it’s for customers just like you!!!

The top-of-the-Line MONTAGE and top-of-the-Line Cubase Pro 10 are where you should aspire to be. The ultimate in hardware/software.

Why Cubase AI is included: The reason Cubase is provided in the first place is to introduce hardware purchasers to the world of computer based recording. You have an older version of Artist, so it is a downgrade to AI, even though 10 is newer. If you feel you are missing features, consider giving yourself a gift and take the opportunity to upgrade to a newer version of the program you’ve already invested in. The upgrade path for previous owner’s is always a SIGNIFICANT savings!

So, unabashedly, the company wants you to entice you to upgrade. Everyone is provided AI with the hope that you upgrade to either Artist or Pro., yes, they want to entice you to upgrade to Artist or to Pro, depending on your requirements. At least visit Steinberg.net and see what is currently on offer... Steinberg just celebrated a big anniversary... check it out.

Posted : 24/07/2019 10:13 am
 Aldo
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks,

and wgat about montage connect? Is the V1.06 is still compatible with 8.5?

Or, do I have to keep both 1.03 and 1.06 according the cubase version I want to use?

Posted : 24/07/2019 12:22 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Montage Connect versions match up with Montage firmware versions - not Cubase versions. Match Connect to your firmware. If you're using the latest firmware, then use the latest connect version. So all versions of connect are compatible with Cubase 8. It's matching connect to your Montage that you need to pay attention to.

Posted : 24/07/2019 12:34 pm
Bad Mister

There may be issues there. MONTAGE CONNECT 1.0.6 is updated to run for Cubase series 10, and also to work with the latest MONTAGE firmware.
While it will probably run in Cubase series 8 - they do list series 8 as now, non-compliant (doesn’t mean it will not run properly, you’ll have to see)...

More importantly you need latest version CONNECT to communicate with the latest MONTAGE firmware.

Posted : 24/07/2019 12:38 pm
 Aldo
Eminent Member
Topic starter

OK I will update the montage connect too

sorry for the many questions but I received my montage yesterday and Im exploring a bit of everything, Yesterday I did try to interface montage with cubase and working with the MULTI/GM performance

following the tutorial on YT I did pretty well, but of course I need to mke more practice

Posted : 24/07/2019 12:45 pm
Bad Mister

Take your time, if you have questions, please post them here!

Posted : 24/07/2019 2:54 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us