Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Fun Poll, who thinks we're getting another Montage vs something different or nothing?

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Considering anything you decide/think or as follows:
1) It's been 7 years and we've done Montage to death and still have questions
2) The MODX & MODX+ were created and + is still going
3) Is the current Montage platform sustainable to beat the competition into the future
4) Will Yamaha not release any synth focusing on CK, a new arranger or new YC, etc. ?
5) Is the Montage user friendly enough to be sustainable?
6) No question Montage inventory has been depleted at least in the US and Yamaha isn't providing any ETA or explaination
7) Yamaha still claims Montage has not been discontinued yet moved it out of the top synth spot

A) Thinks we're getting another Montage with more bells and whistles and capabilities, engines, etc.

B) Thinks we're getting something totally new and truly groundbreaking even revolutionary

C) Thinks we're NOT getting a new synth from Yamaha of any kind this year

Posted : 22/04/2023 10:07 pm
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I'm going out on a limb of wishful thinking and guessing "B". Practically speaking it is probably "A" and logically I don't think it's "C". So my guesses in order are "B", "A" then "C".

My "B" guess will have those awesome YC style LED assignable (for organ or FM etc.) faders with the interface reworked and maybe screen tilted upward and some sort of command and control panel like the Fantom/SKpro with real-time AN-X interface. Likely still have FM-X+ and improved PAC+ and ultimate AWM3/SA2 with SSS and modernized capabilities/connectivity etc. Maybe a workstation but different enough to not look anything like a Montage.

The "A" guess could also have some of this but would look similar as it does not and be more like (2) Montages under a single hood. A Montage on steroids.

Posted : 22/04/2023 11:45 pm
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

What not one opinion, guess or wish out there? Word on the street is May or June so save your pennies, check your cushions and pockets for lost change. Look under the washer and dryer too. Sells some crap you're not using, have a yard sale. Do not pre-order before I do.

Posted : 25/04/2023 9:50 pm
Prominent Member

What not one opinion, guess or wish out there?

Geez! Lighten Up.:p

Some of us are still busy hijacking your other thread.

Posted : 25/04/2023 10:03 pm
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

That is a factual statement.

Posted : 26/04/2023 1:22 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us