Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Can't a Yamaha moderator press "delete" on these spam postings?

11 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Shouldn't a moderator be able to delete these in one second. Why are they still showing?

I've listed material directly related to Yamaha and synths and they delete mine all the time.

Just give some of us regulars that power to delete them and heck I'll do it.

Posted : 26/04/2023 3:35 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I agree that the signal to noise ratio is getting lower due to frequent spam.

When I was a kid and didn't like a certain food (say tomatoes) my mom's response was to leave the food I didn't like cut with larger pieces so it'd be easier for me to pick out what I didn't like. I'd rather not have to pick out the chestnuts from my holiday stuffing - but I guess it was better when the nuts were left huge so I could easily pick them out.

Likewise, at least these spam messages are fairly obvious. I'd certainly prefer them not to be here at all (or for long) -- but I don't see much relief in the short term. Ignore, ignore, ignore, ignore, ignore, read ...

Posted : 26/04/2023 7:56 pm
Prominent Member

Please report these and post a complaint using the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

I already have and told them there are at least 20 spam postings.

The more of us that use that link and complain the more likely they will take action.

Posted : 26/04/2023 8:43 pm
 Paul

Yep, it's a hassle. At least this spam doesn't reach the depths of what arrives in my in box.

I doubt if the admin is happy about it...

-- pj

Posted : 26/04/2023 10:05 pm
Member Admin

[quotePost id=121474]Please report these and post a complaint using the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

The more of us that use that link and complain the more likely they will take action.

[/quotePost]

How's that democratic powers thing working out for IdeaScale ideas...?

Posted : 26/04/2023 11:04 pm
Prominent Member

How's that democratic powers thing working out for IdeaScale ideas...?

Seems you aren't aware that Oranges have a different type of skin than apples.

Posted : 26/04/2023 11:08 pm
Darryl
Prominent Member

I think this SPAM is awesome and I've bought into just about all of them so far. They taste almost as good as the original Spam! :p

Posted : 28/04/2023 12:10 pm
Member Admin

[quotePost id=121474]Please report these and post a complaint using the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

[/quotePost]

You missed the irony of us forum users spamming the email of the forum about spam in the forums?

Lemons make lemonade.

Posted : 28/04/2023 1:54 pm
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I've posted my opinion about something music or Yamaha related over the years and had it instantly removed but why are these very obvious non-Yamaha posts allowed to sit here indefinitely? Someone wants us to read them I guess.

Posted : 30/04/2023 5:10 am

Maybe Yamaha allows the spam as a side hustle to make more dough? 😀 All kidding aside, over at IdeaScale Yammie uses a different approach. It has dual authentication, so when you sign in, they send you a code to your email address you used to sign up with at IdeaScale. It helps prevent hackers from gaining access to your account and also prevents bot accounts and spam in general from infesting the website. YamahaSynth was actually created way before IdeaScale so the people running YamahaSynth.com should have been on top of this issue long ago. I guess it always helps to bring this topic up on occasion, so if Yamaha staff regularly browses what's going on over here, perhaps they'll inform the proper authorities to hopefully rectify the situation.

Posted : 30/04/2023 1:24 pm

Spam related Bump.

Posted : 04/05/2023 8:46 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us