Clear all

We know Yamaha is currently training folks on the new synth

56 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Even though an official announcement hasn't hit the street isn't it somewhat obvious that boxes and manuals with the new synth label is all over the place.

They have to be training their reps. on all the specifications, features, UI etc.

I mean these guy have been using this thing in some form including beta testers for a long while now.

How does that happen exactly and how does one keep it a secret? Are these units in a vault that require top secret clearance keys that have to be inserted and rotated simultaneously by two separate individuals like nuclear launch codes?

How does this information not get leaked like a government supreme court case?

I mean it's only a synth not the second coming. It's not like they will execute a leaker and how would they even know? Come on it's rather odd we don't get wind of this before official release.

Someone is literally printing materials with all the information on it, serial numbers etc.

It should leak like a sieve. I guess because most people couldn't care any less about synths so it's just us addicts asking the questions but think about any product with an impending release. All the moving parts where people see the name of it and at least known that much. Can't they swear an oath but also be crossing their fingers at the same time?

Explain how any product remains unleaked with all the moving parts

Posted : 27/04/2023 2:15 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

I'm happy finding out about new things when I can go to the store, check it out, and buy it if I want it. Learning about a product before that time doesn't help me much. That's just my personal take for myself.

Posted : 27/04/2023 5:18 am
Prominent Member

[quotePost id=121480] It's not like they will execute a leaker and how would they even know?...Explain how any product remains unleaked with all the moving parts[/quotePost]
I think in general, people want to honor their word. That should be enough.

But besides, why would anyone leak anything? They're breaking their word/NDA, possibly risking their future relationship with Yamaha, possibly opening themselves up to legal action, for what benefit? To satisfy David's curiosity?

Posted : 27/04/2023 12:02 pm

I would imagine Yamaha makes all their employees sign a Non-disclosure agreement (NDA). An employee who broke the NDA would likely lose their high-paying job and in this environment in what is currently a stagnant global economy I think they would rather choose to keep their current job than spill the beans. My two cents.

Posted : 27/04/2023 2:29 pm
 Paul

Well, as we've read elsewhere in the news, it comes down to NDAs, trust, and consequences for people who break that trust. Get fired for violating an NDA then try explaining why you got fired during your next job interview.

If a subcontractor breaks trust, well, the contract may be terminated. By now, you get the drift.

As to physical security, every one of my employers required a badge and had a guard at the door. Nobody got in without a keycard or badge. Just typical hardware/software companies, not that different from a government SCIF other than the lack of a Faraday cage. 🙂

-- pj

Posted : 27/04/2023 4:49 pm
Member Admin

Fear is what keeps people silent.

See the last 3 years.

Millions of Doctors have forever lost the right to wag their tongues because they stayed silent during the largest experiment in history.

As to the Montage replacement... or upgrade... they've probably been working on it since the last update to the Montage OS. Which means they'll likely need another 3 years before it's finished.

But that's unlikely to stop them releasing it soon 😉

Posted : 28/04/2023 1:53 am
Darryl
Prominent Member

[quotePost id=121505]Fear is what keeps people silent.
See the last 3 years.
Millions of Doctors have forever lost the right to wag their tongues because they stayed silent during the largest experiment in history.
[/quotePost]
What are you referring to specifically? The pandemic and/or the Covid vaccine? If so, wtf does that have to do with NDA's regarding Yamaha synthesizers?

Posted : 28/04/2023 12:06 pm
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I'm not sure how'd they even know who leaked it not like they have the power of the government. Many subordinates must have run across it since I think it's been in the works within a year after Montage or probably around 2018/19. Probably as soon as a flagship competitor machine was released. And could have been in the works earlier as a theoretical design from 2017. How many Yamaha employees who might not even be employees anymore in that time frame know about it? Hard to imagine only 10 upper class people know about it over 5 to 7 years. Probably hundreds? know about it including many who don't even work there anymore. What happens if you're assigned to the development of this synth but you retire or move on or it's many people that do, nothing Yamaha can do or even know which one did it. If they don't work there anymore are they still required to hush? It's not the government and would it be a civil suit of a person who might own nothing? We all know how people are, they like to talk. Seems like an enormous job with an amazing amount of trust and loyalty happening because people just talk if even by accident. That's why they lock the jury down in big cases.

Posted : 28/04/2023 3:44 pm
Member Admin

[quotePost id=121516][quotePost id=121505]Fear is what keeps people silent.
See the last 3 years.
[/quotePost]
What are you referring to specifically? The pandemic and/or the Covid vaccine? If so, wtf does that have to do with NDA's regarding Yamaha synthesizers?[/quotePost]

The Doctors were silent because they fear professional repercussions - without specific or explicit contracts to keep them silent - despite this being a matter for all humanity. Such is the power of fear. See the correlation?

NDAs aren't needed to keep people quiet about the most important issue of all time, so why would they be necessary to prevent leaks of mere musical instruments?

https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/a-friendly-reminder-about-experts

Posted : 28/04/2023 7:00 pm
Member Admin

It boggles my mind that musicians would consider what has transpired under the guise of public health as not relevant to musical instrument makers.

The lockdowns significantly impacted everything, forever. No mechanical action of society has ever done more damage to the economies of the world. The repercussions of this have more impact on Yamaha than any other musical instrument maker because they produce so much of what is used in live performances... far more than any other instrument maker.

Cut off live performances for a year... what does that do to Yamaha's instrument sales? More than it impacts any other instrument maker, that's for sure.

We, as different nations, aligned to malign the unvaccinated and create two tiers of society, with the immediate and forever impact on live experiences, where Yamaha makes money from speakers, mixers and other technical products, including synthesisers.

And that's before we talk about the effects on travel, for those that go to live events that aren't in their immediate vicinity, curtailed by the restrictions on access to both travel and accomodation on the basis of "vaccine" status. The folks that drive the high prices of premium tickets that make the difference between profitable shows and work for hire performances.

The world has been messed with by the presumption that these were vaccines and that they'd solve problems they were never tested or proved to be or do.

Posted : 28/04/2023 7:11 pm
Prominent Member

[quotePost id=121519]I'm not sure how'd they even know who leaked it[/quotePost]
"They'll never know it was me" is not a reason to break an NDA. They still gave someone their word.

And besides, the person they tell may let someone else know how they got their info (whether intentionally or inadvertently), and then there could be ramifications. Why would anyone want to open up that exposure for themselves, just to satisfy some stranger's curiosity?

You basically keep asking why people honor their NDAs... you haven't provided a reason why they shouldn't. "I won't get caught" is not a reason to do something you've agreed not to do.

Posted : 28/04/2023 7:40 pm
Member Admin

[quotePost id=121523][quotePost id=121519]I'm not sure how'd they even know who leaked it[/quotePost]
"They'll never know it was me" is not a reason to break an NDA. They still gave someone their word.

And besides, the person they tell may let someone else know how they got their info (whether intentionally or inadvertently), and then there could be ramifications. Why would anyone want to open up that exposure for themselves, just to satisfy some stranger's curiosity?

You basically keep asking why people honor their NDAs... you haven't provided a reason why they shouldn't. "I won't get caught" is not a reason to do something you've agreed not to do.[/quotePost]

This confuses me, too, about David's otherwise interesting posts... why does he think someone privy to an instrument's pre-launch info would feel compelled to leak anything about it?

there's no upside.

Posted : 28/04/2023 11:01 pm
Prominent Member

[quotePost id=121524]there's no upside.[/quotePost]
Right.

Posted : 28/04/2023 11:37 pm
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

The simple fact of human nature when we're told "don't tell" it's the first thing most people do. This isn't a matter of national security, I'm just thinking how does a company keep people quiet about any large project or product over years of development and so many levels. How do they control them? Now I understand the person who has everything to lose obviously and making 6 figures but the janitor who sweeps the floors, food delivery people, the technicians in and out and IT guys fixing the computers, the publising people "making copies" of the data sheets and manuals, employee yells across the room "where's the Montage + documents I asked for", they go to lunch and talk about the project while the waiter hears or neighbors, etc. It's absolutely endless how that information can escape if nothing more than the name. I guess they code it something like project "X". Around the dinner table father says yeah it's another flagship synth called "X" and the kids tell their friends. Endless. This doesn't even touch on contracts and documents traveling between Yamaha and parts companies that get hacked like everyone does. An email gets inadvertently attached to something else or someone else. It's just an office like every other office where information is constantly moving around. Without the information superhwy nothing would get done. Endless transfer of information over potentially 6 years someone is going to hear about something secret just by virtue of the process.

Posted : 29/04/2023 12:13 am
Darryl
Prominent Member

[quotePost id=121521]The Doctors were silent because they fear professional repercussions - without specific or explicit contracts to keep them silent - despite this being a matter for all humanity. Such is the power of fear. See the correlation?

NDAs aren't needed to keep people quiet about the most important issue of all time, so why would they be necessary to prevent leaks of mere musical instruments?

https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/a-friendly-reminder-about-experts

[/quotePost]
So it appears that you are using NDA in this discussion as a reference point to slip in your 'expertise' and spew out your personal biased anti-vaxxing conspiracy crap about the whole Covid vaccine thing on a Yamaha Synth forum..!
I don't come on these forums to listen to anti-vaxxing sh!te from new born experts on viruses/vaccines/epidemics who are not trained professionals, and don't truly KNOW much TRUTH about it.
Here's why I could never listen to anything you say or articles you post on that topic no matter what forum you decide to pollute with it. During the whole pandemic when things shutdown my wife and I were lucky enough to have her cousin & husband live close by to discuss the whole epidemic/vaccine thing with on numerous occasions. I say lucky because we weren't just reading an article or watching some YouTube video or news reporter or conspiracy site about it ... Her cousin has been a virologist for over 30 years & her husband happens to be a world renowned epidemiologist for 40 years who has published over 300 scientific "peer reviewed" journals, and ran three of the most specialized labs on the planet in the UK, Canada and the US. Just prior to the vaccines being available I asked him if he would have access to the data on the vaccine trials. He said he wouldn't need the data because he would be speaking directly to the scientists who designed them. Neither you nor I could do enough research for the rest of our lives and know half of what they do about the vaccines and the epidemic, so I was fortunate enough to have direct access to first hand "knowledge" from two scientists, and I thus was able to safely stay away from all the forums discussing it and ignored all Opinions & Theories from non-scientists!! Instead I stuck to music/equipment forums to stay away from all of that...

So do not come on here and troll this forum with that garbage.
Stick to discussions, theories, guesses, predictions about musical equipment, midi, programming, gigs, sampling, synthesis, effects, etc., and spare us all that other BS..!!

Posted : 29/04/2023 4:22 am
Page 1 / 4
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us