Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Future updates?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi, to be honest, I'm pretty blown away with the massive amounts of content which have been added since the montage first released. I was curious if there were any further plans for future updates and what could be added if there was. I don't mean to sound ungrateful for all the work the guys at Yamaha have done, i truly appreciate each update. Ive owned it for over a year and still can't get over how good it is and how much content is packed in to it. But im a sucker for firmware updates.

Sorry if this has been asked before, i couldn't find anything on google.

Posted : 09/01/2019 6:54 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

The topic comes up periodically. The company line is to stay tuned. Sometimes some feature that is being worked on or tested will "leak out" in a message from Yamaha. Not outright, but several items have had some veiled foreshadowing.

Here's the general notion that was posted after the latest (v2.5) firmware was released (quoting BM of Yamaha):

It is important to check back for updates. That is a design concept of the platform... future updates, new features, new effects, etc., as well as the usual bug fixes, when necessary. This is only the beginning...

You are likely not going to get much more detailed information than that. It is not advantageous for Yamaha to transmit where they are going before features are fully tested both for competitive and for user-expectation reasons.

The encouraging part for you should be the "this is only the beginning" comment.

Posted : 10/01/2019 12:32 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us