Notifications
Clear all

Gospel Musicians Library Updates

12 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Jamal
Topic starter

We spent some time this weekend, loading our libraries into the Montage and made sure everything worked. We can confirm that all of our libraries work. The Jamal's Flash works, with the following caveates:

The Montage only allows you to load either a Voice or Performance Library. If you load one and try to load the other, it will try to load the samples associated.
    So as it stands, we have to re-work the Performance data to not have the samples associated. We are not sure how to do this as there is no Load without Sample data option on the Montage.
    We confirm that the Performances and all of the live loops and sequences work for Jamal's Flash.

All of the other libraries work fine and the sliders work as well. If you have any questions you can let us know.

Posted : 19/02/2018 4:35 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

In the meantime ...

If a user has your library loaded, then they could [STORE] a copy of the Performance in the User section which would no longer have the sample data associated (it would "point to" the Library area) and do this for as many Performances as they choose. Then use the Performance Merge feature to create hybrid Performances with more than one "sound" - the hybrid still not containing the Sample Data.

I would generally advise against splitting Performances from the sample data - since this causes problems if you delete or shuffle the Library. However, this is less of a problem today with the advent of full backups X7A.

Posted : 19/02/2018 5:15 pm
Jamal
Topic starter

Thanks @Jason, but not quite working as you have described.

Posted : 19/02/2018 9:42 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

If the data is in a library, [STORE] of the library performance will make a user copy without sample data. The only way to draw sample data into the user area is to use the Import feature. Use of the import feature is not outlined here.

Posted : 19/02/2018 11:40 pm
 CHAD

Hi Guys! Are there any updates on the progress and development of the porting over of the amazing sampled sound libraries you've created for importing and or loading into the Yamaha Montage as X7L User Banks and or Libraries?

Posted : 20/03/2018 2:20 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

You may try a more direct approach and report back your findings:

https://gospelmusicians.com/contact_us/

Posted : 20/03/2018 8:40 pm
 CHAD

I believe the only person that can answer this and give an exact update status to his own posting here is the creator of the samples, the one and only amazing Mr. Jamal Hartwell himself from Gospel Musicians LLC. They have a sale right now, but I plan to hold off investing any more monies into UVI based or computer virtual rack simulated required sample playback engines until it's confirmed that the continued development for direct native Montage platform releases are underway and that it's still a commitment and priority and actively being worked on as they said above. It proven to be a bit of a challenge but Yamaha has confirmed that they've given them the support and information needed to move forward and John Melas has some new techy software tools in development as always. They are really sincere and kind folks with a great company with amazing samples and have had wonderful support for the Motif, I just hope they will follow-through and natively support the Montage platform as they indicated above that they were and not place it on the back burner as those kinds of things just due to time and other projects then have a tendency to get shuffled to the back of the shelf. I'm personally looking forward to purchasing their native Montage libraries and rocking them on my Montage!! I've grown weary of the whole DAW movement phase and having to lug a laptop around with me all the time to playback samples on virtual software emulated engines when the Montage, especially as of V2 has the full power and capability of doing so all by itself and has so much more of it own unique technology to add in sound shaping the samples and the use of Super Knob functionality. Anyone else looking forward to using these natively on Montage???? Speak up respectfully, your honest voice expressed helps positively encourage them and let them know there is a strong interest and demand for native Montage support. 🙂

Posted : 21/03/2018 9:00 pm
Eyal
 Eyal
Eminent Member

Hi Jamal

I have many of your libraries on PC and also Jamal's Flash from the XF. I really think the whole thing with the performance/voices should be solved now that Yamaha provides performance import. Hopefully it will also work with legacy samples you've got in like the PowerGrand etc.
basically the problem is that the library is 1GB large, so if you load voices and performances separately you get to 2GB. this can hopefully be solved by you guys with existing tools like the John Melas editor.
Are you planning to support this? because as you know the Motif by now is obsolete (except MOXF). I hope this library doesn't get obsolete as well because its excellent.

all the best to you.

Posted : 22/03/2018 7:48 am
Jamal
Topic starter

This is not an easy task. The official solution from Yamaha is to either use the Melas products, which there is no guarantee about it working, or copying each and every single Voice and performance manually.

So as it stands there is no update for Jamal's Flash for a 100% compatibility. As we have said earlier, all of our other libraries work just fine out of the box and, in fact, Jamal's Flash Works out of the box as is, except that you can't load both the Voices AND Performances at the same time.

We are a small company with limited resources and we find these solutions for getting XF over to Montage a bit time consuming for us as we are in the middle of huge projects. This is Yamaha's decision not to support FULL XF conversion and we have to adjust, but we don't plan on doing this tedious task with out limited resources at the moment.

If there is anyone here who would like to embark on this task, we would welcome the help and would compensate you accordingly. Just to let you know the two solutions are still in theory and our gut feeling is that it will not work as explained.

Posted : 22/03/2018 3:33 pm
 CHAD

Posted : 23/03/2018 3:29 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Maybe open up a new thread and detail what "fix this" means. This thread is mostly about a content producer who has generated many other working Montage sound libraries and is having some issues with one of its largest offerings. Your message doesn't seem like it's necessarily directly referring to that problem.

It sounds like you are irritated with the complex nature of the filesystem in Montage. The filesystem portion of Yamaha flagship keyboards has always been overly complicated and not really musician-geared, but more geared towards how the underlying hardware works (more engineer minded). This is not new. This is true going way back and Montage is not much different in this category despite the new possibilities with touch screen. When you're battling tradition, the boat steers slowly. Keep providing constructive feedback and eventually Yamaha may get there.

Posted : 23/03/2018 4:27 am
 CHAD

Posted : 23/03/2018 4:49 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us