Notifications
Clear all

Split performance issue

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi all.
Just a bit puzzled about a split performance. I’ve imported my X6A file into my Montage and I have re programmed some parameters especially the C1 to F#2 bass part. It’s exactly replicated on 2 performances but the problem is that the volume on each performance of that particular range is not coming out the same.

That part is assigned to the left assignable output and the receive SW is only ON for program change. There’s no difference in the elements, key range, velocity limit, effects, volume, EQ or anything. To summarise, the bass part of the bass/Sax is louder than that of the bass/strings performance.

Thanks.

Posted : 18/02/2018 7:49 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Any difference in the PART number used for the bass between the two performances? Just wondering because I seem to recall someone mentioning some volume prioritization with PART1 vs higher PART numbers.

Also wondering if either of these Performances are recalled from a Live Set. Only because Live Set can override the overall volume for a Performance.

Last, you do not mention checking the modulation source/destination settings ("Mod/Control"). This is to make sure you are not applying a boost or trim to any parameters through the use of curves assigned to destination parameters.

I'm assuming when you mention "effects" you've either turned all levels off (Master, System, and insertion) or have checked all 3 levels match between the two Performances.

Posted : 18/02/2018 8:28 pm
Topic starter

Jason wrote:

Any difference in the PART number used for the bass between the two performances? Just wondering because I seem to recall someone mentioning some volume prioritization with PART1 vs higher PART numbers.
The PART number is the same

Also wondering if either of these Performances are recalled from a Live Set. Only because Live Set can override the overall volume for a Performance.
Yes, recalling them from a Live Set.

Last, you do not mention checking the modulation source/destination settings ("Mod/Control"). This is to make sure you are not applying a boost or trim to any parameters through the use of curves assigned to destination parameters.
I will check that

I'm assuming when you mention "effects" you've either turned all levels off (Master, System, and insertion) or have checked all 3 levels match between the two Performances.

I will check that too

THANK YOU

Posted : 18/02/2018 8:50 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us