Notifications
Clear all

How do I make one note trigger a chord?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Ian
Topic starter

I would like to assign chords to different, single keys. The idea is to free up space so I can split the keyboard into more sections to accommodate multiple key ranges in one performance so as not to have to switch scenes. Also, I would really appreciate help assigning the super knob to the cut off pot on certain parts in a performance. I'm playing 24K Magic in a cover band and want to do the cutoff sweep that happens at the top of the pre chorus.

Thanks in advance for any help - it's MUCh appreciated 🙂

Posted : 29/11/2017 2:17 am
roberto
Eminent Member

You can assemble a performance so i.e. the first 3 parts play together pressing only one key (you can transpose 3 parts In order to create a chord) or you can do this with the sound inside the part)

Another option (maybe) is to record a custom arp containing chord, but this is more complicated (and I don't remember if custom arp can contain chords), Bad Mister maybe can explain better then me.....

Posted : 29/11/2017 2:27 pm
 Tino

Like Roberto said, you can create a custom arp for each type of chord (maj, min, ...) for some mesures (may be 4).
It can be a simple sustained chord, or a riff, or what you want.
Then you assign these arps to one note for several parts, each one plays a specific chord.
If you can use scenes, you can assign different arps for each trigger note/part to get variations for each scene.
Remember that changing scene stops playing the current arps.
On top of this, you can use super Knob for what you want, like filter or anything else.

I use this method to play some parts of difficult soli on some songs.

Posted : 29/11/2017 5:06 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us