Notifications
Clear all

How to sync tempo with Ableton?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Ben
Topic starter

Nothing I've tried on the Montage's MIDI settings or in the DAW seems to be working.

I'm connected through USB, and I want the Montage to sync to whatever my DAW's (Ableton) tempo is. Any additional information welcome as well on how best to match arpeggiator.

Posted : 01/06/2018 3:19 am
 Ben
Topic starter

Nevermind - think I got it figured out.

Posted : 01/06/2018 4:44 am
Bad Mister

Alrightie then!

For others reading this.

On the MONTAGE screen you can touch the QuarterNote/Tempo area to shortcut to the "Tempo Settings" screen.
Your MIDI SYNC functions are found here.

MIDI SYNC can be MIDI, Internal, or from the A/D Input

When working with any computer DAW software you would set the software as the master MIDI Clock, and set MONTAGE to MIDI SYNC = MIDI
Hint: many computer softwares do not activate MIDI Clock by default. Software is often defaulting to a condition that uses the least CPU resources, so you may have to actively turn MIDI Clock On, and you will need to direct it to MONTAGE-1 (MIDI Port 1).

Alternate Method:
Press [UTILITY] > "Settings" > "MIDI I/O" > set MIDI SYNC = MIDI

All MONTAGE's clocked functions will fall in line... this includes the Play/Rec function, the Arpeggiators, the Tempo driven Effects and LFOs, Motion Sequences, etc.

Posted : 01/06/2018 10:51 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us