Notifications
Clear all

I might need a simpler instrument

80 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
Dragos
Eminent Member

Where are most of the production companies making 3D renderings?

Here's a hint:

I don't need hints and links, I know the industry well. And what you're saying is simply not true.
But that is an off-topic debate already.

Posted : 01/09/2021 3:41 pm
Member Admin

Where are most of the production companies making 3D renderings?

Here's a hint:

I don't need hints and links, I know the industry well. And what you're saying is simply not true.
But that is an off-topic debate already.

Which part?

The point remains...for the OP, if your old software works, in this day and age, you should stick with it, unless you absolutely must have something in the new software versions AND have the time, energy, resources and facilities to deal with the issues of "upgrading".

Even then, it's best to keep a fully functioning old version around, too.

Here's some real world examples Dragos can also ignore:

AE CS6 is the single most used edition of AE, even to this day.

Premiere 2013/14 is more popular than all other editions of Premiere.

3ds Max 2008 is still popular for polygon modelling.

Word 2003 is still significantly popular with many serious writers, some of them the most highly paid writers... in the world!

Final Cut 7 is still used in many Apple loving editing bays, and is single handedly keeping the price of Dual Xeon (very old) second hand Mac hardware high, around the world.

New software is not always better, when time and sanity are of the essence.

Posted : 01/09/2021 6:10 pm
Bad Mister

It is not the software…at all.
Please see this post: https://yamahasynth.com/forum/once-again-can-t-move-the-knobs-while-recording-in-cubase?start=20#reply-109958

Posted : 01/09/2021 6:51 pm
Gabi
 Gabi
Estimable Member
Topic starter

"My main point is this: use old software if it works. Do not upgrade a version unless you absolutely must."

Well I read that Vladimir Putin still uses Windows XP, lol

Yes, I guess I will use Cubase Elements 10 and forget the upgrade. Why struggle this hard when the old one works? I got better things to do, really, like actually play the instrument instead of trying for weeks to figure out errors. As far as I know Cubase Elements 11 doesn´t even have any new features. I only bought it cos they had a 50% off deal and it only cost 17 Euros. I can just toss it. You´re absolutely right. Use the version that works.

And Bad Mister, unfortunately it still seems to be a software/settings issue. see my answer about the screenshots and the knobs not working in Elements 11 when selecting the part.

Posted : 01/09/2021 8:36 pm
Member Admin

"My main point is this: use old software if it works. Do not upgrade a version unless you absolutely must."

Well I read that Vladimir Putin still uses Windows XP, lol

Yes, I guess I will use Cubase Elements 10 and forget the upgrade. Why struggle this hard when the old one works? I got better things to do, really, like actually play the instrument instead of trying for weeks to figure out errors. As far as I know Cubase Elements 11 doesn´t even have any new features. I only bought it cos they had a 50% off deal and it only cost 17 Euros. I can just toss it. You´re absolutely right. Use the version that works.

And Bad Mister, unfortunately it still seems to be a software/settings issue. see my answer about the screenshots and the knobs not working in Elements 11 when selecting the part.

Unfortunately, the economic systems of the majority of the world were developed around a "buyer beware" set of anti-principles and dark patterns.

Then, after the second world war, it was nearly universally decided by the new world systems and bodies to obscure this, and begin absolutely exploiting the 'conspiracy of confidence' good humans default to operating under, in all realms of life.

We should be wary of new wares. But we've been trained and coached into believing that new is better, and that new versions are upgrades.

Over the last 18 months, this has been taken to an entirely new level, wherein we're slowly being trained to accept the idea that our bodies need to be subscribed to an updating program, for the benefit of others, or we'll be cast out.

Posted : 02/09/2021 2:40 am
Page 6 / 6
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us