Clear all

Import Library?

13 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I spotted this feature in the Content area of the Settings. It's not mentioned in either the Reference or Owner's Manuals.

I figured out that it's for copying components of a library into user memory. So far, so good. But what's it for? Why would I want to do this?

Posted : 17/05/2016 4:23 am
Bad Mister

Answered a couple of hours ago... Here it is again:

How you might work now
....Before you leave on tour, initialize your Montage USER area, then you can *select* specific data from any of your on-board installed Libraries, you place a check mark next to the program name, transfer them into USER - SAVE this new customer USER file to take with you for your tour.

This is how you assemble a User file to take with you on tour.

It's explained in the Supplemental Manual that came with the version 1.10.x download.

Posted : 17/05/2016 6:58 am
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Thanks for repeating what you already told me. So much new information getting pushed into my head, some of it falls out the other side… πŸ™‚

Posted : 18/05/2016 1:40 am
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

It's explained in the Supplemental Manual that came with the version 1.10.x download.

There wasn't a Supplemental Manual in what I downloaded. There were these 3 files: 8N70OS_.PGM, montage_en_dl_v110_b0.pdf, v110_Readme_en.txt. Installing this upgraded my Montage to 1.10.6, so I'm pretty sure I got the latest one.

Is there somewhere else I can find the Supplemental Manual?

Posted : 18/05/2016 1:55 am
Bad Mister

You should already have it "montage_en_nf_v110_a0.pdf"
Montage English New Feature Version 1.10

This should be included in the download. I just checked -maybe it was added - the download is dated 5/02/2016

Posted : 18/05/2016 1:28 pm
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

OK, I got it. I just went to link, downloaded montage110-2.zip, and the PDF was in that file.

It was not in the zip file when I downloaded montage110-2.zip (same exact name) from the same Yamaha web page on the evening of 5/13.

I think Yamaha should let us know when new versions with extra content are made available to us.

Posted : 18/05/2016 11:19 pm
Kiwi
 Kiwi

Michael Trigoboff wrote:

OK, I got it. I just went to link, downloaded montage110-2.zip, and the PDF was in that file.

It was not in the zip file when I downloaded montage110-2.zip (same exact name) from the same Yamaha web page on the evening of 5/13.

I think Yamaha should let us know when new versions with extra content are made available to us.

It's just not the same without your smiling face!

Posted : 18/05/2016 11:33 pm
Kiwi
 Kiwi

The recently updated Data List still has an error in the numbering of the FM-X algorithms on page 170

Posted : 18/05/2016 11:41 pm
Bad Mister

Those who have signed up receive an email directly from Yamaha notifying them of updates... Perhaps you should sign-up.

The most recent one announced the shipping of Montage, it included a link to the v1.10 update download, it outlined all the new features, it contained links to both the KEYBOARD Magaine and ASK AUDIO reviews, a link to the free Bosendorfer promotion, and a link to my GETTING STARTED WITH MONTAGE article here on YamahaSynth. I'm surprised you did not sign up.

Anticipating the next question -we'll get you the information so you can sign up... Those signed up received the email!!!!

Posted : 19/05/2016 4:00 am
Bad Mister

Kiwi wrote:

The recently updated Data List still has an error in the numbering of the FM-X algorithms on page 170

Are you reporting the error? Let us know. Thanks -or is it a secret?

Posted : 19/05/2016 4:03 am
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

It's just not the same without your smiling face!

Thanks, but I figured I'd try to "fit in" more with the culture around here.

The smile is still available…

Posted : 19/05/2016 4:20 am
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Anticipating the next question -we'll get you the information so you can sign up... Those signed up received the email!!!!

I thought having an account here counted as being signed up. I guess not…

Posted : 19/05/2016 4:22 am
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I just registered my Montage (which required using its serial number) at yamaha.com. Is that what I needed to do to be on the list to receive update notices from Yamaha?

Posted : 19/05/2016 11:57 pm
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us