Imported Montage WAV Audio Volume

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Colin
Eminent Member
Topic starter

A very simple and quick question please:

How do you save the desired audio volume of an imported WAV Audio File that I am using as a backing track. I can see that you can alter the volume 'real time' but I can't see how this volume level can be saved for future use. Surely this can be done..yes?

Posted : 02/12/2022 3:54 pm
Bad Mister

[quotePost id=119648]A very simple and quick question please:

How do you save the desired audio volume of an imported WAV Audio File that I am using as a backing track. I can see that you can alter the volume 'real time' but I can't see how this volume level can be saved for future use. Surely this can be done..yes?[/quotePost]Yes, it can be done… by placing your .wav file into a MONTAGE Waveform. Once imported as a Waveform you can apply the full power of the MONTAGE engine to it. As long as it is a .wav — all you can do is play it back and adjust the volume. As a MONTAGE Waveform you can store volume, pan position, add effects, retune it, etc., etc. AWM2 engine take .wav data and turn it into playable/programmable synth sounds with all the frills that go with that!

From the HOME screen
Press [CATEGORY SEARCH]
Set “Bank/Favorite” = All
Set “Attribute” = All
Select “Main” = Init
Select “Init Drum” > [ENTER]
(By using a Drum Kit you will be able to have the entire wav play from the top to the end 6min20sec max).

From the HOME screen of this initialized program
Select [PART SELECT 1]
Press [EDIT]
In the lower right corner activate “Keyboard Select” (green) above DRUM KEY
On the “Osc/Tune” screen select a Key on which to place your audio, for example, C3
Tap the box “New Waveform”
Load your “Audio File”
Set “Assign Mode” = Single (only one instance will be allowed to play at a time)
Set “Rcv Note Off” = Off (the audio will play without you having to hold down the Key, but will follow the Level parameters you setup.
Set “Group” = 1 (any other Drum Key assigned to Group 1 will act as a “Stop” Key — only one Key from Group can play at a time — if the Stop Key is assign a Waveform set so it volume Level = 0 it will cause silence; if a different audio clip is assigned at a decent volume level, it will replace the audio of the previous Key).

Touch “Level/Pan”
Set “Decay2” = maximum (Hold) the audio will play once the trigger key, C3, is touched.

Touch “Element EQ”
Change the “EQ Type” = Boost 12 (set this so your audio can be heard along with the internal MONTAGE Parts you plan to play along with this Audio

In the lower left corner tap “Part 1/Common” > “Part Settings” > “General”
Set “Part Category Main” and “Sub” and give the Part a Name in the “Part Name” box.
Set the Part “Volume” as appropriate, then STORE your new Performance — Name it so you know what it contains.

Tap C3 to playback your Audio File.

This new Single Part Performance can be merged into any Performance, just as you would with any program.

Posted : 02/12/2022 10:00 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

It's documented.

Posted : 04/12/2022 12:05 am

Thk for the detailed instructions 😀
retro goal

Posted : 07/12/2022 2:42 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us