Clear all

in the performance screen, there are not banks numbers information displayed

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I just realise yesterday that for get this information, you have to go property. Why not displayed with the name of performance ?

Posted : 10/08/2016 12:50 pm
Bad Mister

I just realise yesterday that for get this information, you have to go property. Why not displayed with the name of performance ?

even though you frame it with "why not" - this is a "How come" question. We try to limit ourselves to the "How to" variety

The answer to most "How come" questions is "because" and it really is never satisfying to the asker.
'How come' you want to know? 🙂

BECAUSE...
In Montage, the User location does not exist until you put data into it. In Motif XF for example, all locations were occupied with "placeholder" data - so that all your files had repeats of these placeholder items. Montage saves only the User locations you've occupied which it fills from the lowest numbered empty location. If you've only created six New Performances, you're file will contain just those six Performances. This streamlining means one less thing to think about for the user ("which one do I overwrite")

Posted : 11/08/2016 11:53 am
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

But still I feel strange about that because performances do have a number location, it just not displayed directly. It is not a big deal, just not usual.

Posted : 11/08/2016 7:10 pm
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Hi, for me no need to have the bank number of a performance or a part directly on the screen, you search performances/parts with category search, not with Preset 5 B011 or User 3 D034 like on the Motif XF.
So, why displaying directly an information that you didn't use for searching your part or performance ?

For those who don't know how to go to property, to have this information for an external selection like a daw to select one performance or on part,

Press the name of the performance or of a part, on screen left you will see :

- Search
- Edit
- Copy
- Property

Click on Property, you will have Category/sub category, bank (user or preset), MSB, LSB, PC.

Enought for me.

Posted : 11/08/2016 10:01 pm
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

See, never satisfactory... Please no "how come..." questions. -grin-

French people are never satisfy, ha ha ha

Posted : 12/08/2016 5:30 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us