Clear all

Init Normal (AWM2)

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Tho
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I pressed Category Search button>Choose Init -Search for Piano -Choose that Piano sounds-Press Edit button-choose ARP that I like, Set the note range limit C-2 for lower, A3-for Upper but when I play the Upper range is still has that Piano Sound..and this is only one piano sounds that i have just Init ...it's suppose not have any sounds from the A3 note to the rest of upper range

Why Montage is so difficult to use, I like it but so much disappointed with it
What is wrong here?please help !

[/URL][/img]

Posted : 10/09/2016 10:10 pm
 Phil
Eminent Member

Check your note limit for Arpeggio Common for that part - if it extends beyond A3 the keyboard will play the arpeggio sound there. The note limit you have set on the home page is for notes that you play directly on the keyboard.

Posted : 10/09/2016 10:41 pm
 Tho
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Yeah... It's work as you said ,,, we need to set the note limit in the ARP Common as well...
One more question: How we copy the ARP over to the Part 2... I want Part 1 is Piano and Part 2 is guitar with the same ARP but in the Guitar ARP it does not have that type of ARP so I want to copy the ARP from Part 1 over to Part 2....
How can I do that ?

Thanks

Posted : 11/09/2016 12:19 am
Trusted Member

Click on the Number tab for the arpeggio you want. Then key that number in for the other part you want to have the same arpeggio

Posted : 11/09/2016 3:37 am
Bad Mister

@ Tho,
First thing, please remove the protective plastic cover from your screen, it's there when the keyboard leaves the factory and is for shipping only. You own the keyboard now. Remove it and discard it. It prevents you from getting good touch response from your screen.

Posted : 18/09/2016 9:00 pm
 Tho
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thank you @ Chris

Posted : 19/09/2016 2:57 pm
Bad Mister

It's not backwards, it just as it should be. Think like this: the Part Note Limit parameters control what sounds when you play the keys or send MIDI data to make the Part sound. Imagine creating a piano / bass split. Part Note Limits control what notes sound when play the Part. Simple enough. These are the same Note Limits used to split the keyboard when YOU are playing.

If you starting thinking it is YOU playing when Arps are involved that's when you get in trouble.

Arp Note Limits control what keys on the keyboard will cause the the Arp phrase to begin playing and can be used control its chord intelligence.

It's couldn't be more straight forward!

Take the bass Part for example. The Part Note Limit should probably be left full range... when Arps are going to be "playing" that Part (remember, it's not YOU, it's this guy "Arp" who's playing the bass) :). Many of the bass special articulations are mapped high in the key range, above where the bass has notes. Scrapes, knocks, slides, glisses, fret noises etc.
But you do not want the melody (right hand) notes dictating any chord quality information to the bass Part, so you should probably Note Limit the region that "controls" the arp.

Take the drum Part, as another example. If you want the 'drummer' to have access to all 73 drum kit Keys, set the Part Note Limit to full range.
But if you only want the Kick, snare, hi hats, toms, and cymbals of the basic kit to play (sound) set the Part Note Limit to C1~B2
Or if you only want the Latin Percussion to play (sound) set the Part Note Limit to C3~B4, and so on.

If you don't want the drums to begin right away, you can set any single key (even) to be the arp 'trigger' note... I've had occasion to play a free (rubato) piano introduction which ended with a specific note (C5) I programmed the Arp Note Limit to C5~C5... I play my intro, and when I hit that last note it 'cues' (triggers) the start of the drum arp. Sure, you have to remember what you're doing but if you take your playing seriously, this is usually not a problem.

Posted : 19/09/2016 3:00 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us