Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Interesting combination!

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Link/sync Genos up to Montage....some of the Genos 'styles' blend really well with the Montage sounds like DJM and Yo Luv etc. Try it!

And, you still have voices available in the RH on Genos to play with..( or you can split the board on Montage). Doing it live involves some gymnastics but it's fun! V

Posted : 10/03/2018 8:37 am
 Jan
Eminent Member

Hi Vernon,

Regarding the gymnastics: thatΒ΄s easy to overcome.
See the attached picture I made this morning in my home/practice setup.
When playing live, my middle section is Montage + additional stacked midi-keyboards, addressing parts 9-16 on my Montage.
On stage, the Genos is to my right, perpendicular to my montage. Therefore I added a 2-octave keyboard to my left, attached by midi to the Genos on the right.
In that way I still can play the Genos with my left hand, although it is actually standing to my right. I sometimes use it that way for the vocal-harmony on the Genos. Like in QueenΒ΄s Bohemian Rhapsody, where I need my right hand for the piano parts.

I chose for the Korg triton, for it's the cheapest one with full-sized keys. I don't like mini keys, for they require too much thinking/adapting. Even the sizes of the Genos and Montage 8 slightly differ.

Attached files

Posted : 10/03/2018 9:57 am
Topic starter

That, it very neat! You make me look like a tramp! I have wires everywhere! I will try this Jan thank you. I am mixing everything thru an old tascam but it works. They are amazing machines these yamahas huh!? I remember years ago being impressed syncing Roland drum and bass machines together with an old Roland SH101. How things have changed!

You even have a fire extinguisher! πŸ™‚

Best V

Posted : 10/03/2018 7:46 pm
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us