Notifications
Clear all

John Melas Total Librarian Released

21 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
Trusted Member

Hi All,
first of all I want to say thanks for Johns work.
The Total Librarian tool is accessible for blind and Parcial sighted persons. The Performance Editor will be it in the next version. He told me in a reply that he is working to bring up a accessible version for Windows and MAC world - that's fine.
It is a great news for the blind and parcial sighted people.
So from now we can organize our Performances.
That helps mutch.
I'm very happy about what John Melas is doing for us.
This is a thing I miss from the Yamaha guys.
Playing the Sounds is one thing. But organize, copy and other things to do are very difficult for blind users in the instrument directly.
John gives us the chance to put hands on every parameter and make our workflow better.
For the future I wish that Yamaha will do more for this group of musicians.
I had written in other threads some ideas for helping us. But nothing is happen. This makes me unhappy.
And John is the only one who is doing that at this time. I hope that Sample-Robot will be accessible too.
Thats my small statement for that.
thanks to John.
😀 Rainer

Posted : 11/02/2018 9:20 am
Jeroen
Eminent Member

Yes! The new update is ready!

John Melas Montage Tools update 1.20

Posted : 07/03/2018 9:41 am
Tommy
Eminent Member

Re: this thread:

Q: What's the difference between a Montage and an F-16?
A: You might not die if you take it for a spin before reading the (Montage) manual.

Q: What does the flow of the Montage Owner's manual resemble?
A: Press SHIFT + HOME and you'll see a fairly accurate representation..

Q: Do I love my Montage?
A: Absolutely.

Q: Have I read the manual?
A: Cover to cover? No.. When I have a problem? Yes, but I usually get diverted by seeing and reading about a different problem I've had. And then I fall asleep.

Q: What do the Yamaha Montage manual and some Yamaha SPX-90 Reverb algorithms have in common?
A: Non-linearity.

Q: Why isn't the Montage manual in the Guggenheim Museum of Printed Art?
A: 3-dimensional .pdf's haven't been invented yet.

Thanks to Mr. Melas for your software. Thanks to MisterBad, for tirelessly taking the time to document and explain on sites and in videos, and to translate XF sounds, and a million other things... (And thanks to Stefan for getting this thread going!) 🙂 😀

Posted : 08/03/2018 11:25 pm

Hi,

I'm considering seriously buying a montage 8, but I'm blind and I was wondering how accessible the keyboard is. I read that John Melas made some tools to work with performances and libraries, are the tools accessible ? Would they let me choose performances, edit the parts and then I could play it live on the keyboard (I mean I could select the performance on my PC with JAWS and then I could play on the keyboard without touching the settings on the keyboard itself) ?

PS: Rainer, keep up the good work, we need people like you to represent us.

Posted : 03/05/2018 4:22 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Download the JM tools and use them unregistered in DEMO mode to see how accessible they are. I believe you can use them to edit some performances - perhaps not save or there may be other limitations. However, there should be enough things working for you to make your own mind up about how they help navigate Montage.

Posted : 03/05/2018 6:30 am

Thanks Jason, I didn't know there was a demo version. I tried the total librarian and it seems totally accessible ! Great news ! However the performance editor doesn't seem to be accessible which is really sad because it's the most interesting one. Can anyone confirm this ? Is it just me or is it because I don't have a montage yet so I cannot load any presets ?

Posted : 04/05/2018 5:49 am
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us