Clear all

OS 2.0 Requires Montage Connect 1.0.3

11 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

The previous version of Montage Connect, 1.0.2, does not work with OS 2.0. You need to update Montage Connect to 1.0.3.

Posted : 08/02/2018 5:39 am
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Update: Turns out you also need to update Montage Connect to version 1.0.3. I didn't see that in the notes for the OS 2.0 update. Maybe I missed it, but I think it should have been displayed much more prominently if it was there.

I updated my Montage today to OS 2.00.3. Everything was going great till I tried using Cubase and discovered that Montage Connect does not work. How quickly is Yamaha planning to fix this?

(Windows 10 Pro, Surface Pro tablet)

To make matters worse, I then discovered that I had neglected to save a copy of the OS 1.6 updater. The most recent one I have is OS 1.5. This worries me because I created my backup file with OS 1.6. Will a backup file created with OS 1.6 work correctly with OS 1.5?

And does anyone know where to find a copy of the OS 1.6 updater so that I can fall back to that version?

Attached files

Posted : 08/02/2018 5:16 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Try this:

www.yamaha.com/paragon/4wrdit/default.aspx/BJCDE

Posted : 08/02/2018 6:14 am
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I followed your link, but it took me to Montage Connect version 1.0.2. What’s needed to work with OS 2.0 is 1.0.3.

Posted : 08/02/2018 6:38 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

I believe you're looking at the wrong part of the page. Keep following your eyes down the page - there's a license agreement. Under that is a checkbox to agree to the license. After you check the box, there's a button under the check box for montage160.zip (95.66 MB) and this button will change from grayed out to a light blue color once you agree to the license.

My post was to answer your question:

And does anyone know where to find a copy of the OS 1.6 updater so that I can fall back to that version?

Posted : 08/02/2018 6:43 am
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Oh, sorry. I didn’t realize which question you were answering. Thanks for finding the link.

Hopefully Yamaha will get their website working correctly, because right now when you accept the agreements and click the button, you get a zero size object error.

Posted : 08/02/2018 6:54 am
Stefan

Maybe I missed it, but I think it should have been displayed much more prominently if it was there

It‘s there very prominent at the top of the page where you can download the OS:

Important noticed: MONTAGE Connect software is also updated. Please see "Related Downloads"

Posted : 08/02/2018 7:20 am
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

It’s there very prominent at the top of the page where you can download the OS:

Clearly it wasn’t prominent enough for me. 🙂

I think big red letters would’ve been better.

Posted : 08/02/2018 7:45 am
Stefan

And flashing 😉

Posted : 08/02/2018 8:44 am
Thomas

connect 1.03 is online it says anywhere u have to install this too when u run os2.0

btw .....ysusbv1100win i installed as 1.9.9win version (= i installed the newer version :-))

Posted : 08/02/2018 10:24 am
Bad Mister

Even if we made it flash some would not see it. Fortunately, if you have a firmware mismatch and attempt to use the wrong version of the MONTAGE CONNECT software, it won't work and it tells you why.

Please educate yourself to how products work in the new reality. Computers, smart phones, tablets and even synthesizers are products that, from time-to-time, have updates. When you go for the Download, make sure you read at least some of what is written concerning the download, what it does, what the risks and recommendations are concerning backing up your data.
Backup or have a catastrophe... it's a choice!

It is actually mentioned a couple of times on the download page; but you have to read it. I always suggest read all the instructions twice... once through to get a mental vision of what you need, what time it will take, what are the recommended items (assemble them all ahead of time). Then when you have completed the Updater Instructions, read them the second time as you execute the update. This way there are no surprises half way through.

Bad Mister special tip... don't discover that the USB stick you are trusting to update your instrument doesn't work with the instrument during the update process. In other words, use a drive that has a history with your instrument.
Keep one for this purpose.

Never panic during an update. The worst thing you can do is go through the STOP sign that says some thing like "Don't power down..."

Posted : 08/02/2018 2:01 pm
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Clearly it would have been better if I had read every single line of the update notes. Having been through many of these, both on the Motif XF and then on the Montage, I assumed I knew what I was doing well enough to just skim the directions.

I have a suggestion, though, that would have saved me and perhaps many other people some anxiety. Montage Connect 1.0.2 reported an error when trying to connect with Montage OS 2.0 by saying:

Firmware version error.

It would've been much better if the error message had said something like this:

The firmware on your Montage requires a newer version of Montage Connect.

That would've pointed me (and anyone else in that situation) in the right direction. And given that I know how these things work internally, I know that the information was most likely available in Montage Connect to support this more detailed description of the problem.

In a previous life, I designed user interfaces. It's always better to give users more than just "something bad happened," especially when you can tell them something much more helpful.

Posted : 09/02/2018 1:22 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us