Clear all

Kronos vs Montage

16 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
25.3 K Views
Steve

Okay,

So a long-time Yamaha fan here, I bought the Kronos over the Montage- purely from a synthesis point of view for me- the vast array of sounds fit my desires. Key words being "my desires".

Also key (pardon the pun), is the fact that I already have a Yamaha EX5R and FS1R, along with a VL1-m, DX-7MkII, & SY-77.

I also have a fully loaded Roland XV-5080, so I have plenty of polyphony, plenty of meat & potatoes ROM stuff, as well as true analog synths, software plug-ins & Logic and other DAWs.

I felt like I was missing the Korg flavors in my arsenal. If I didn't already have an EX5R & FS1R, you can bet I'd be all over the Montage.

As far as build quality goes, Yamaha can't be beat. The fact that I have so much "vintage" Yamaha gear AND that it all works, is a testament to Yamaha's quality and engineering. I also play Yamaha Trumpets and Flugelhorn.

Consistent build quality is amazing from Yamaha- second to none.

I know money doesn't grow on trees (wish it did,lol), but if you can save your pennies, buy BOTH 🙂 - they are different, that's why they both exist- look at them to complement each other.

Posted : 23/11/2017 1:18 am
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us