Notifications
Clear all

Latest WIN 10 - 16 MAY 18 update causes ASIO driver problem

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Craig
Topic starter

WIN10 Update Build 1803 for Professional, i7 laptop created a Steinberg Yamaha driver problem and required reinstallation of the driver.

After the update, I started Kontakt to load a Spitfire Audio app, when selecting the Yamaha Steinberg ASIO 1.10 driver, the installation program began.

Killed the installation, exited Kontakt, and reinstalled the driver from the Yamaha MSI package and all is well now. Montage mounts now with Kontakt and MIDI and Audio are fine.

This is just for information if you run across it. I have heard of other driver problems requiring re-installation of USB drivers.:(

Craig

Posted : 18/05/2018 3:56 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

This sounds like it may match another user's complaint/frustration around Cubase sound no longer working recently. The time-frame for update seems to match and general result does too. His experience was that MIDI continued to work - which I'm not sure, from this report, if that matches or not.

Thanks for the "heads up" info.

There was a point (Microsoft Windows NT) when the cure for many software ailments was to reinstall the entire operating system. At least a driver is, relatively, trending in the right direction.

Posted : 18/05/2018 5:54 pm
Craig
Topic starter

My pleasure to serve!:D

Posted : 18/05/2018 5:57 pm
Michael Trigoboff
Honorable Member

I had to uninstall and then reinstall the Yamaha Steinberg ASIO USB Driver after this Windows 10 update. Now that I've done this, everything seems to be working fine.

Posted : 18/05/2018 11:59 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us