Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Learning Montage in depth and in a hands on environment

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I am trying to find resources locally that will allow me to connect with other Montage users to learn in more of a classroom/real world environment. The videos on here are great, they teach me so much that I didn't know. I live in Washington state. Anyone know of classes or other resources? Thanks for any advice!

Posted : 09/12/2017 3:42 am
Eminent Member

I am near Seattle, and am really getting into the Montage. I find the weekly FM-X and Part conversions on this Forum really help reinforce the basics, and also show us something new and pretty amazing every week. It really makes a difference on when working with this board. Seems to me" that Yamaha has really opened up the arch, so we can really create our own sounds and performances, to meet our playing and musical preferences. The guys at Guitar Center love playing this board, but don't have a clue on how the assignments work, FM-X, and how it all gets pulled together. Where are you in the State? , maybe we can find some critical mass, and get a Montage Power User thing going..... :). I do find Bad Mister's videos and articles key... you should drain the site of his training vids, and articles. The latest seem great, although I am out of town, and have to wait a week b4 I run through them.

Pulling a few Montages physically together, for jamming and learning, would be a blast.

I find that this board is not only fun to play, but it is a bit of puzzle, I think because it is so deep. I find for me my workflow is evolving around what the board can do best, but I got long way to go before I really get a handle on it. (For me, that is actually a fun thing, figuring out the board, learning FM-X... which is just wacky wonderful.

Posted : 09/12/2017 4:10 am
Bad Mister

Yamaha does do Master classes around the country. They usually are done through a local retail outlet. That’s one of the benefits of the local retail store, they can be a gathering point to collect interested parties together.

The classes we’ve done thus far have mainly been for retail sales staff, and was done early just to introduce the new concepts. If you are interested in such a thing, mention it to the store manager on your next stop in. That will get the ball rolling.

We are looking for ways to reach out, because the MONTAGE offers so many tools but until someone points out what and how to access them, they can remain a mystery. Let us know what you’d like see more of on this site. We’ll try to accommodate as best we can.

Posted : 09/12/2017 9:01 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us