Notifications
Clear all

Live Set Edits

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

After much digging I found the answer to this question some time back but now can’t seem to relocate it.

Q: In a live set, how do you select “more than one” performance at a time for moving (and) “deletion”. I have a live set I change weekly and would like to select 8 performances simultaneously for deletion to be replaced with the new weeks material.

Sorry guys, o know the answers out there but can’t for the life of me relocate it.

Posted : 25/06/2019 6:50 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

You can press SHIFT+EDIT in live set and copy from empty slots one page at a time to active pages. This can delete 16 at a time.

I'll have to be at the keyboard to see if there are other job functions.

Posted : 26/06/2019 12:52 am
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks.. I don’t see a delete option when theses steps are followed only copy swap

Posted : 26/06/2019 1:27 pm
 Jan
Eminent Member
Jason
Illustrious Member

What's the difference between deleting and initializing with blank data?

If you copy FROM a page that has no data to a page that has data - doesn't that do the same sort of thing as delete?

That's why I say to copy FROM "empty" slots TO active slots - as a way to "fake" deleting.

I don't use all the banks of Live set. There's a live set out there that will likely never be used. Now at the keyboard, I see you can't exchange and copy between banks. That's sort of unfortunate, but not a showstopper for me.

In fact, all I use is Pages 1-3 of Bank 1. To experiment around with these, I'll do the following:

Extra steps to backup:
1) Live Set -> Press "Edit", then while in edit mode - press [SHIFT]+[EDIT] buttons
2) Touch the box next to bank to copy from Bank 1 --> Bank 2 (all pages). I do this just to backup my live set to Bank 2 and I'll use Bank 2 to experiment with
Actual Deletion Example:
3) What I want to do is "delete" all Performances in Bank 2, Page 2. So I'm going to make some definitions: Since I'm editing Bank 2, Bank 2 Page 16 (the last page) will always be empty. I won't place any Performances there. Bank 2 Page 15 will be a garbage can. There's nothing of use there. I may retire things there that I'm not concerned about deleting.
4) You cannot specify a SOURCE for the copy or exchange. This is sort of limiting because it forces you to first navigate to the page which is the source. It'd be "better" if you could free-form enter both the source and destination pages. That aside, what I do is press the Number C [8] button. This is the button at the very lower-right under a silkscreen labeled "ARP ON/OFF". This is a shortcut key to select Page 16 - which will always be blank as I have defined my usage.
6) Press [SHIFT]+[EDIT] and select Page 16 (this is the source, fixed to the current page) --> Page 2 (the destination, which I can edit - I edited the page number to "2" ).
7) Touch "Copy".

Now page 2 has all 16 slots "deleted". Since I copied page 16 to the page I wanted to delete.

You can now press Number A [6] to select page 2. Note that your button shortcuts are arranged as follows:

Where you can see the right "half" of the buttons boxed in the pink select page numbers 1-16 and the left "half" of the buttons boxed in green select Live Set slot # 1-16 (of the current page).

One consequence is that Page 2 now shows "Page 16" since the page label is copied as well. That can either be retouched, or you can rename Page 16's label to "Initialized Page" to remind yourself to rename this page if it's important. That way, when I copy FROM page 16 to any other page - in order to delete that other page - the resulting "deleted" page will show as initialized instead of "Page 16".

Posted : 27/06/2019 5:11 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us