Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Live Set / Setlist mode features improvement suggestions

18 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes

Still hoping that 3. Move items in setlist easily is on the roadmap for upcoming firmware updates. I use my Montage in a coverband live situation quite similar as Stefan described it above:
- left hand bass
- a total of about 150 songs to choose from with many different performances
- about 45 songs per gig
- variations in our setlist for every gig

I would be completely happy if there was an easy way to insert performances into an existing setlist without swapping / copying everything around it. Personally, I even would prefer a simple onboard solution over a more powerful app.

For me it would be sufficient if there was an "insert" function that places a performance in front of the selected slot and pushes back all subsequent performances. This could be an additional button or even replace the "swap" button if there is no additional space on the screen.

Posted : 14/04/2017 9:48 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Tobias, my usage is similar and am willing to deal with carrying a tablet if that's the fastest way for Yamaha or a 3rd party to implement the feature.

Korg's tablet integration (another recent thread topic) shows how seamless this can be (at least for Korg). It's a 3rd party app - but Korg's MIDI documentation uncovers more powerful commands than available with Montage's public spec.

Posted : 14/04/2017 11:24 pm
Karl
 Karl
Eminent Member

At the very least I would like to see:

1) An 'insert' function that allows you to insert a song anywhere in the Live Set list.
2) The ability to edit the Live Set list offline, and then reload into the Montage.

Really very basic functionality request for organizing live performances. I am struggling trying to change Live Sets to support different gigs.

Cheers,
Karl

Posted : 15/04/2017 9:14 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us