Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Load ModX’s data to Montage

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello , I would like to ask you , how can I load my Modx’s data to montage ? I know that a backup file from ModX cannot loaded in montage. If I save as a library or as a user file what exactly ModX save ? That you in advanced !

Posted : 29/05/2019 8:00 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

If your data doesn't have custom waveforms, user curves, user microtuning, etc - and if you only have a handful of Performances to transfer - then Soundmondo is a good way. If you do use user curves/custom waveforms - then you may still use Soundmondo - but clean up those custom portions after-the-fact by hand. If you're dealing with too many Performances - Soundmondo may become cumbersome.

Reference manual shows user/library files with Montage format (X7U/X7L) only under the "Load" section and not under "Save/Store". So you cannot apparently save a Montage-format user or library file.

Software assist is probably a way. JM Tools as an option. I don't have these so I cannot speak to the merits.

Posted : 29/05/2019 8:26 pm
Topic starter

I create a backup file in ModX, and then I change the file type to .X7A. Yamaha montage load the file correctly 🙂

If your data doesn't have custom waveforms, user curves, user microtuning, etc - and if you only have a handful of Performances to transfer - then Soundmondo is a good way. If you do use user curves/custom waveforms - then you may still use Soundmondo - but clean up those custom portions after-the-fact by hand. If you're dealing with too many Performances - Soundmondo may become cumbersome.

Reference manual shows user/library files with Montage format (X7U/X7L) only under the "Load" section and not under "Save/Store". So you cannot apparently save a Montage-format user or library file.

Software assist is probably a way. JM Tools as an option. I don't have these so I cannot speak to the merits.

Posted : 11/06/2019 7:39 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Potentially dangerous as the products diverge. And there may be corner cases even today where something doesn't land right when doing this. Not recommended.

Posted : 11/06/2019 9:55 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us