Notifications
Clear all

Loading XF Sound Libraries...

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Jamal
Topic starter

Hey guys....This is Jamal from Gospel Musicians.

I appreciate so much people wanting to use our libraries for the Montage. It's humbling to see how excited people are, but I have to say that our libraries are not yet compatible with the Montage. The Montage architecture is completely different and I can only speak for our libraries, but our libraries are not fully compatible with the Montage. What we mean by fully compatible is a 1:1 equivalent.

So please give us a chance to make our libraries fully compatible.

Posted : 03/07/2016 1:22 pm
Stephan

Thanks Jamal. Please keep us posted here when an update or Montage version is available as I'm anxiously waiting to use the Academic piano on this board.

Posted : 03/07/2016 1:36 pm
Jamal
Topic starter

Stephan wrote:

Thanks Jamal. Please keep us posted here when an update or Montage version is available as I'm anxiously waiting to use the Academic piano on this board.

Thanks man....The Samples definitely load, but the Voice architecture with 8-elements stacked for one voice is a bit different on the Montage. Hopefully John Melas will be able to create a cool conversion tool. The Montage is a completely new architecture and it will take me some learning to get my hands around it. I've had every brand of Yamaha synths since the EX5, Motif, Motif ES, Motif XF, MOXF, and I have never had to use the user manual for any of them, but not with the Montage. It's a completely new way of thinking.

Posted : 03/07/2016 1:42 pm
Jamal
Topic starter

Please see update here: https://www.yamahasynth.com/forum/gospel-musicians-library-updates

Posted : 19/02/2018 4:39 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

EX5R, MO6, MOXF6, (and Montage) here. With heavy consideration of the Motif XF7. Montage is highly related to all those keyboards in terms of parameters (same old stuff mainly) - the Performance/(-voice) structure is different - so no more USR1/USR2/PRE1/PRE2/GM/Dr + Letter + Number way of quickly recalling a sound by buttons - more of a flat system with touchscreen fiddling although you can do some limited button jabbing which seems ultimately more difficult than just admitting defeat and using Live Set (touch). Motion Sequences are new - although EX5 had a different kind of morphing super knob (would morph between entire sets of parameters - something not completely the same in Montage since you're limited to the number of destinations in Montage you can morph between).

You don't really get building blocks anymore at the voice level. This is easier in some ways - harder in other ways.

With your experience from EX5/Motif/MO - the new stuff will come quickly and the rest is old hat. Most of the keyboard being much the same as before.

Posted : 20/02/2018 12:56 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us