Notifications
Clear all

Manipulation of Physical Controls Via DAW

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hey BM,

I am relatively new to the world of hardware synthesis and especially new to YAMAHA hardware synthesizers and have a couple questions that might be oddly worded, so bare with me; I am highly interested in purchasing a Montage. Aside from it seeming to have the potential to replace a lot of soft synths, I am worried about being able to manipulate Montage's parameters/physical controls via my preferred DAW (Logic X and Protools). By connecting 5pin midi, am I able to control/automate Montage's physical controls like the superknob/8 individual faders and knobs? If so, can I also do these automation commands with just the USB connection AND be able to record audio into my DAW with just the one cable? Thanks for your time!

Posted : 14/04/2016 7:45 am
Bad Mister

...can I also do these automation commands with just the USB connection AND be able to record audio into my DAW with just the one cable?

Yes. One USB cable is all you need to connect the Montage to your computer for both MIDI and audio communication. That is correct. You connect the main audio outputs to a pair of monitor speakers. The Montage acts as a 32-in/6-out Audio Interface for your computer. It can additionally act to route any external audio connected to the back panel A/D Inputs, and you can use the 5-pin MIDI IN/OUT jacks to connect to one external MIDI device.

Recording MIDI controllers is all handled via the connection. Yamaha has been touting single cable MIDI and audio connection s between synths and computer for more than a decade so this is a very mature technology. You have 32 bus outputs from the Montage... Stereo L/R plus 30 assignable buses. They can be configured in odd/even stereo pairs or as individual mono buses, as you require.

Posted : 14/04/2016 12:23 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us