Notifications
Clear all

Mix and layer soft synths from computer with MONTAGE M’s internal sounds

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 SAMO
Topic starter

Can someone please describe me how is possible to mix and layer soft synths from computer with MONTAGE M’s internal sounds? Roland Fantom has very good and easy to understand solution. You can using both option of sounds live at the same time. I cant find the same or similar solution on Montage M keyboard.
Best regards

Posted : 28/10/2023 11:05 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

This is largely the same as the previous Montage generation.

Montage (M) uses a USB TO HOST connection which transfers MIDI to/from the computer and audio to/from the computer.

1) Connect USB cable between computer and Montage (M)
2) Make sure Montage is in USB mode (and not 5-pin MIDI DIN mode)
3) Load up a VST on the computer and listen to MIDI channel 1 (doesn't have to be channel 1, this is configurable but every preset Performance will send data on MIDI CH1)
4) Setup DAW/VST Host to send audio back to Montage (Main L/R* or Digital L/R). * Main L/R is simpler to use
5) Play keys on Montage and the VST is now mixed in.

I don't think the overall process is any more or less difficult than the Fantom.

Posted : 28/10/2023 5:50 pm
Prominent Member

Can someone please describe me how is possible to mix and layer soft synths from computer with MONTAGE M’s internal sounds?

Can you describe in more detail what you mean by 'mix and layer'?

In addition to what Jason said you can use ZONES on the M so that the parts you want to play on the M have KEYBOARD CONTROL set to ON and those parts you want to ONLY play from the computer have KEYBOARD CONTROL set to OFF or are parts 9-16 which don't have keyboard control at all.

What is it you are wanting to do? What software, DAW, VST on the computer do you want to use?

What other features are needed for the computer parts? Poly AT? Sustain? Foot Controller? Other?

Posted : 28/10/2023 6:17 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us