Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MODX+

99 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
 matt

So tomorrow, September the 1st, is the 'D'Day?

Posted : 31/08/2022 9:58 am
Darryl
Prominent Member
Topic starter

[quotePost id=118158]
What day 'tomorrow' is depends on where in the world you live.

The 'today' for some people is the 'tomorrow' for others.[/quotePost]
That might explain why someone said the MODX+ would be announced on Aug 31, while most other sites are saying Sept 1.
If the announcement is from Japan on Sept 1, then that could be Aug 31 for many people.

I don't think anyone mentioned a time of when the announcement would be made, nor what time zone the Sept 1 was for..!?

Posted : 31/08/2022 5:28 pm
Member Admin

Were all gonna be surprised if it comes with 2 super knobs.

Posted : 31/08/2022 6:48 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

There seem to be some MODX+ articles in waiting as pulled from yamahasynth's learn section cache:

Intro to MODX+
INTRO Thanks for purchasing MODX+ This guide is designed to help get you up and making music ASAP! WHAT’S IN THE BOX? Owner’s Manual—MODX+ comes with a printed Owner’s Manual but may also want electronic versions of all the important documents. Owner’s Manual: The standard manual with an overview of all the features and quick start guides Referenc
Monday, 18 July 2022
Blake Angelos
Preview
--
Connecting MODX+
INTRO Get connected in three easy steps! The MODX+ USB TO HOST port connects MIDI and audio from the keyboard to your computer or iOS device with a USB Cable. The advantage? Multi-channel audio and MIDI travel to and from your MODX+ to your computer or mobile device with a single cable. This allows a multitude of recording and performance possibil
Wednesday, 27 July 2022
Blake Angelos
Preview
--
Expanding MODX+
INTRO Thanks again for purchasing MODX+! This guide is designed to help you find resources for expanding your synthesizer. DOWNLOADS Get the most out of your MODX+ with product updates, our “Mastering MODX” series and free sounds at Soundmondo, our social sound sharing network. Best yet, all of these are free! Check out the details below. PRODUCT
Wednesday, 27 July 2022
Blake Angelos
Preview
--
Blake's Take: MODX+
Update: What’s not to love about the original MODX? Compact, lightweight, affordable. Check. All the AWM2 content, the FM-X engine, all the effects, on board USB midi multichannel audio computer interface, an A/D input and touch screen. Check. Three models for the synthesist (MODX6), keyboardist (MODX7) and pianist (MODX8). Check. MODX became one of the be
Tuesday, 23 August 2022
Blake Angelos
MODX Series Synthesizers
News
--
Tech Talk: MODX+
Update: MODX+ has arrived, and we’ll show you what’s new in the next Tech Talk! Join us on Tuesday, September 6 at 1:00 p.m. PDT/10:00 p.m. CET for a closer look at the MODX+ Music Synthesizer!
Tuesday, 23 August 2022
Blake Angelos
Events
--
MODX+ Introduction Video
Update: With more FM-X polyphony, larger flash memory, new pitch bend and modulation wheels and a new look, MODX+ gives you more power for your music. Check out the highlights below!
Tuesday, 23 August 2022
Blake Angelos
News

Adding: apparently about 5 (edit: 0) hours until press releases come out.

Posted : 31/08/2022 6:56 pm
Member Admin

its listed officially at a music store right now. So I guess 1 superknob will have to do. Some people are bummed as no AN-X engine is listed. but that can come in a future firmware if its even possible. Id like to think so

Posted : 31/08/2022 9:03 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member
Jason
Illustrious Member

Blake focused on FM-X polyphony up front with the TX816 Performance and also with another synth Performance that works better with the added polyphony.

I don't see a compelling to reason to upgrade unless you can get top dollar selling the original MODX (and get the upgrade without much out of pocket).

For those Montage users that were looking for something more portable - the MODX+ series is a more capable workhorse although you still have the lack of buttons on the right hand side if that's at all important (and ribbon, and aftertouch). Still, it's a smidge more compelling now if a nudge was all that was needed.

For brand new keyboardists without a MODX/Montage - the MODX+ is better than what came before without any tradeoffs (nothing taken away). So new owners will have something, well, plus -- without a huge tax. Retail is slightly higher but this keyboard at least in the US comes with a soft case which full retail compensates somewhat. This, though, is YMMV since we have different opinions on what is an acceptable or unacceptable case.

Posted : 01/09/2022 3:03 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

As a Montage owner, the MODX+ documentation now becomes a better Reference Manual and Owner's manual since they are more updated than the original Montage owners/reference manuals before more modern firmware updates added features. I was using the MODX docs before for the newer features (instead of using the supplementary manual in all cases) but now the MODX+ are a closer fit.

The docs overall are "better" since new features are included but the Pattern Sequencer is strangely not part of the MODX+ Reference Manual. The Owner's Manual claims the reference manual has the Pattern Sequencer docs -- but it's just not there.

Posted : 01/09/2022 3:41 am
Dragos
Eminent Member

There's a new version of MODX Connect as well.

Posted : 01/09/2022 7:30 am
Bad Mister

The docs overall are "better" since new features are included but the Pattern Sequencer is strangely not part of the MODX+ Reference Manual. The Owner's Manual claims the reference manual has the Pattern Sequencer docs -- but it's just not there.

Pattern Mode is covered in its entirety in the Reference Manual, as promised — at least in the version I downloaded, pages 68-93

Posted : 01/09/2022 10:14 am
Darryl
Prominent Member
Topic starter

[quotePost id=118185]Pattern Mode is covered in its entirety in the Reference Manual, as promised — at least in the version I downloaded, pages 68-93[/quotePost]
Hey Bad Mister, great to see you here chiming in on the new MODX+ 😉

Posted : 01/09/2022 12:38 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I stand corrected, now I see the new pattern sequencer documentation in the MODX+ reference manual. My challenge was the owner's manual uses the term "pattern sequencer" and the reference manual does not. Therefore, cross-referencing this by a PDF search made the content difficult to find.

What's strange is I thumbed manually through the Play/Rec pages just before the "Pattern" section and am not sure how I missed it the first time. No problem - the docs, since they are the most updated, serve as the best "go to" reference manual for Montage in most cases.

Posted : 01/09/2022 2:48 pm
Dragos
Eminent Member

The MODX+ starts afresh with the firmware version numbering.
The download page of the latest MODX Connect version specify requirements of MODX v2.50 or MODX+ v1.0

Posted : 01/09/2022 3:20 pm
Darryl
Prominent Member
Topic starter

[quotePost id=118190]The MODX+ starts afresh with the firmware version numbering.
The download page of the latest MODX Connect version specify requirements of MODX v2.50 or MODX+ v1.0[/quotePost]
It will be interesting to see how they handle the OS update versions in the future...!
As we've seen with the Montage and MODX, they kept them in sync with the x.0 being the major OS updates and the x.5 being just medium updates on both.

If/when they release the Montage 4.0 (& I presume MODX 3.0) updates, will they give the MODX+ a major lift and jump to 2.0 ? Or will they go with 1.5 !?

Posted : 01/09/2022 4:14 pm
Darryl
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Regarding the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3X7kHhfSMk video that Jason posted above, does anyone know what Performances were used in that particular promo video?

I'm thinking that likely only someone from Yamaha will be able to answer this question and that they could even be new Performances specific to the MODX+ ..!?

Posted : 01/09/2022 4:17 pm
Page 6 / 7
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us