Clear all

Montage 2.5 update query

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi all

I have just updated to 2.5. Everything seems to have updated OK and the new version is showing in Settings- System.
However non of the User Memory or Libraries have been Initialized.
I have made some random checks and can't see anything has changed from previous apart from the update features.

Any ideas.

Many thanks, Kev

Posted : 28/09/2018 6:09 pm
Bad Mister

Sounds like everything went well.

In general, whether or not any of your internal User or Library data is disturbed is dependent on which firmware you are updating from... If you have remained reasonably up-to-date, you may experience no disruption of your internal data. However, there were several major firmware updates where the loss of internal data was a possibility. If your instrument has an extremely early firmware and then you jump to current firmware, the Updater routine will ‘know’ to bring your instrument completely up-to-date (adding all the interim versions - depending on how old your firmware was, this could cause loss of internal settings.

To avoid having to write a new document (and having to test) what will happen if updating from x.xx.x firmware to the current for each previous firmware, which would be unwieldy- - in general, it is a good idea to Backup your data before performing any firmware update.

There are only two kinds of technology users, those who backup their data, and those who eventually have a catastrophe!

Posted : 28/09/2018 6:52 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks for that Bad Mister. I did backup into an a (.X7A) file, so I have it just in case. My previous update was 2.3 back in February.

Kind regards, Kev

Posted : 28/09/2018 7:48 pm
Bad Mister

It is important to check back for updates. That is a design concept of the platform... future updates, new features, new effects, etc., as well as the usual bug fixes, when necessary. This is only the beginning...

Posted : 28/09/2018 9:06 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us