Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Montage 8 screen problem (Big Issue)

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello friends I've got a huge problem with my newly acquired MONTAGE 8! this drives me crazy as it's a big issue.
Whenever I touch a certain spot on the screen (and note that this ONLY happens when I press my finger at the most left row)
This triggers an action like I pressed at a different location in the screen (more down) as you can clearly see from the video I have attached (please take a look, it is 15 seconds and shows the problem clearly).

I must say I love how the Montage sounds and works, the interface/screen resolution is great (although the screen is definitely sluggish!! bad on Yamaha) but this is a nail in the coffin! This is an issue I can't ignore. Note that I still DO have my screen protector on (I don't want to take it off, I like the way it is to protect my screen) and also my hands are completely dry, not wet or oiled.

Link to my google drive file (it's a 1.82mb MP4 file download of the problem video recorded through my phone)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12LJrV5BGpH6gAUwAP7f1Frvq1XNLdPDD/view?usp=sharing

Would greatly appreciate help!

Thanks

Edit: forgot to mention, I'm running V. 2.5 (latest from Yamaha's website) and also resetting the board (on/off) didn't solve this

Posted : 03/11/2018 4:12 pm
Stefan

Please remove the screen protector and also recalibrate the screen. That should fix it. The recalibration has been described in the forum multiple times. It is also described in the user manual.

Once that works you might try to switch off the UI animations in the utility menu under system. That may fix the feeling that it is sluggish...

Posted : 03/11/2018 4:27 pm
Bad Mister

I could not agree more.

The plastic sheet that covers the screen of a new instrument should be discarded _ it interferes with you touching the screen... it’s there so you are the first one to touch your screen since it left the Yamaha factory. You own it, now, please remove it and discard it. It has served its purpose.

Calibration for screen is found:
1) Press [UTILITY] > “Settings” > “System” > Touch the box “Calibrate Touch panel”
Chase the dot around the screen five times to calibrate the screen.

2) Press [UTILITY] + [COMMON] > Touch the box “Calibrate Touch panel”
Chase the dot around the screen five times to calibrate the screen.

Any time the touch seems off a bit, use this routine to correct it.

Please see this article, it will help:
MONTAGE: Getting Started

Posted : 03/11/2018 7:40 pm
Topic starter

Thank you very much guys, this has so far fixed the problem.

How would you recommend to clean the screen once the protector is off? in case dust and fingerprints accumulate?

Thanks

Posted : 07/11/2018 9:48 pm
Bad Mister

A dry micro-fiber cloth (never spray anything onto your screen)
micro fiber, the miracle of the 21st century!

Posted : 07/11/2018 10:08 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us