Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Montage FS Assign ARP SW to Scene or Live Set

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi, I will very rarely use arp on/off with a foot switch and would like to assign the assignable foot switch to something else (eg live set performance changes or scene switching). I followed the manual page 31: UTILITY/Settings/MIDI I/O/FS Assign which has Arp SW displayed... but I don’t have any options to choose anything else in that box like live set plus/minus such as I’ve read there and on other threads.

How can I reassign this ‘global’ setting please? Am I in the right place on the Montage?

Thank you.

Posted : 03/11/2018 12:21 am
Stefan

Did you try the +/- buttons or the scroll wheel? Select the setting and then use those to change the value.

Posted : 03/11/2018 12:45 am
Topic starter

You’re awesome! Thanks, the +/- didn’t work but the scroll wheel did!

Now I have a new way to explore things when there is no ‘drop-down’ (down-facing arrow) indicator on my touch screen on a title bar like “FS Assign”. There was a drop-down arrow on my touch screen for the MIDI Sync title bar, and one showing in the Manual for FS Assign in their image of it, but that particular one doesn’t show in real life on my touch screen.

Posted : 03/11/2018 1:28 am
Stefan

Great. And yes, the UI is not always consistent...

Posted : 03/11/2018 1:35 am
Bad Mister

You’re awesome! Thanks, the +/- didn’t work but the scroll wheel did!

Check you instrument again. The firmware should be consistent. The +/- buttons should work to change the FS ASSIGN. If not there maybe an issue with your instrument.

Let us know.

Now I have a new way to explore things when there is no ‘drop-down’ (down-facing arrow) indicator on my touch screen on a title bar like “FS Assign”. There was a drop-down arrow on my touch screen for the MIDI Sync title bar, and one showing in the Manual for FS Assign in their image of it, but that particular one doesn’t show in real life on my touch screen.

I'm not sure what you are talking about here, but make sure you get a copy of the latest "Supplementary Manual" as it will have new screen layouts when they become available through firmware updates.

Latest MONTAGE firmware is 2.50.x (If the Manual you are referring to is the original Manual, its screenshots maybe out of step with current firmware) with each firmware update is a New Feature booklet, the "Supplementary Manual".

Posted : 04/11/2018 7:23 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us