Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Sample Robot for Montage Update Here...what does it correct/modify?

12 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Drew
Eminent Member
Topic starter

About to install the update but want to know what it will do. This program is quirky...
Pls advise.
thank you

Posted : 01/11/2018 6:07 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

We'd have to know the old version (you're coming from) and new version (you're installing) to know how to begin communicating the differences.

Posted : 01/11/2018 6:49 pm
 Drew
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Ok. I today opened the SR for Montage program and was informed of the update. This would be the newest release just put out vs what was available a week ago. After loaded, I clicked the SR help page site to find the newest version number, but it led to a dead link. (Did I say quirky? 🙂
Also, nothing mentioned anout the update in my quick search on the SR site.

Some Problems discussed in previous version.
1) moving SR created Library file to user intact
2) Not saving template settings

Hoping someone in the know can give me a heads up. Right now I'm doing a backnforth circle jerk thru the Mila's program to do so.

Posted : 01/11/2018 7:51 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Zip file should contain version history.

Skylife recently revamped their website so I can expect bad links. They've never had the best online presence. Chris from SR did at one point monitor this forum. Maybe he'll chime in. I wish there was a dedicated forum on Skylife (or somewhere) for discussing SR use, issues, and update announcements.

EDIT: Nope, the version history is not in the ZIP. I checked my past downloads of 0.6.1.0 and 0.6.3.0.

I do not know where this information is supposed to be accessed from.

Posted : 01/11/2018 11:07 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

My current version is 0.6.3.0. Although I still do not know where to find the version history online (it's been moved) - the update feature gives a summary. The latest currently is 0.6.4.0 and reports the following updates:

_______

- feature: "Really quit?" on exit
- feature: save global audio out device/midi in device
- fixed: program change sends illegal MIDI messages
- fixed: loop marker visibility
- fixed: release samples crash
- fixed: program change offset bug
- fixed: estimation dialog change type bug
- fixed: auto-loop for all bug (do not touch selected sample)
- fixed: auto loop for all project bug
- fixed: play cursor display bug
- fixed: SR header graphics size bug
- fixed: splash screen text position

Posted : 02/11/2018 2:50 am
Manuel
Eminent Member

The automatic download is working now (at least with Chrome).

Posted : 02/11/2018 4:52 am
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Hi, i have just try thru https://eu.yamahamusicsoft.com/samplerobot and it's still the 6.0.3.0 version available on download.

When i try the see if there is an update from Sample Robot for Montage (Help > check for update), i have an error message telling me that i have not a valid license.

Strange.

Jason, where do you have found the informations about version 6.0.4.0 ?

Posted : 02/11/2018 10:11 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

I used the check for update feature using 6.0.3.0. I did not see an error message. The information on 6.0.4.0 was within the application when the new version was detected and just before the option to download or cancel. There is a dialog box which shows the new features which I copied and pasted here. There should be a link which has the version information for all previous versions - but this link no longer seems to exist.

The version-history php hosted by authenticate.samplerobot.com results in a link which reports a 404 error. The Samplerobot team needs to either clean up the php to forward to a valid link or fix the link which is redirected to by adding the required content.

Posted : 02/11/2018 10:46 am
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Thank you Jason.

Posted : 02/11/2018 3:37 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Joel, I know you've worked with the SR team before and may have better contact information than the rest of us have. Maybe you can serve as a "courier" for reporting SR issues such as this 404 error with the "Version History" feature in SR along with any problems you may be experiencing.

Regards,
Jason

Posted : 02/11/2018 4:03 pm
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Hi Jason, it's done 😉

Posted : 03/11/2018 2:08 pm
 Drew
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you all and thanks Joel for serving as SR liaison...much appreciated.

Posted : 03/11/2018 3:59 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us