Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Montage and cubase problems

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

HI, I am new to this world of music and everything. I just got myself a montage 8 v2.50.2 (latest update), with the latest Yamaha Steinberg usb driver V1104 on Mac with also cubase 10 LE/Al/ Elements. I followed every thing to connect my montage to my daw (cubase) but I can't find my montage as ASIO Driver (VST audio system). I have in utility -midioI set to usb in green clock out on etc...but nothing... I have found it a couple of time when I was exploring every thing but now that I really need it I cannot anymore. IDK if its a problem of priority cable connection (like if I need to connect first my usb cable to my computer and then open my daw (cubase) ) but I tried every possible combination. Someone have a explanation or solution

thx you very much

Posted : 10/03/2019 5:05 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Make sure Montage is in USB mode and not MIDI mode. Should be under [UTILITY] Settings -> MIDI I/O

Posted : 10/03/2019 10:25 pm
Bad Mister

IDK if its a problem of priority cable connection (like if I need to connect first my usb cable to my computer and then open my daw (cubase) ) but I tried every possible combination. Someone have a explanation or solution

In general, make the USB connection with the computer. When the instrument “sees” the computer the USB icon on the very top line of the screen will appear blue.

Always have the instrument connected and powered On when you launch Cubase. You should be using Cubase AI (not LE or Elements). While Cubase AI is launching you will see it scanning your resources. It is during this time that it will “discover” the MONTAGE (if you have it connected and powered On). It will connect it with the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver. It may even ask you if you want to select it as your ASIO Device... d so.

If it doesn’t ask you can verify this later.

Posted : 11/03/2019 12:19 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us